Lucky Ladies 2D

Brock Windsor

LL Sidebet counted with KO

WABJ11 said:
Using KO with an IRC of -4, at what count do you bet the lucky ladies in a 2D game?
I would bet it at 14 with 1.5 decks to play, 11 with one deck to play, and 8 with half a deck to play. This makes a True Count conversion with it coming in >TC6.5 which I think is about the norm, maybe a bit conservative.
If you don't like True Counting it then always betting it when your count is 11 might be ok, though as with any Unbalanced adjustment you'll be overbetting early and underbetting later.
BW

Sonny

For every extra queen of hearts that comes out, increase your index by +3. If one deck has been played and both Qh have come out, the index for making the bet would be 14 instead of 11 because you are deficient by one Qh.

-Sonny-

Brock Windsor

Clarify deficient Qh adjustment

Sonny said:
For every extra queen of hearts that comes out, increase your index by +3. If one deck has been played and both Qh have come out, the index for making the bet would be 14 instead of 11 because you are deficient by one Qh.

-Sonny-
So you would adjust your TC + 3 for one deficient Qh??? Or are you refering to your RC in a 2D game (TC + 1.5)? I have never kept a Qh sidecount, I have probably been making this bet with -EV a few times. Can I presume than if you have 1 extra Qh you would make the LL bet at a lower TC?

BW

Mimosine

Brock Windsor said:
So you would adjust your TC + 3 for one deficient Qh??? Or are you refering to your RC in a 2D game (TC + 1.5)? I have never kept a Qh sidecount, I have probably been making this bet with -EV a few times. Can I presume than if you have 1 extra Qh you would make the LL bet at a lower TC?

BW
no you don't adjust either your RC or your TC.
you adjust the INDEX at which you place the bet.

for a DD game, using KO IRC = -4, you place your LL bet at roughly RC = +6.

what sonny and zg are saying is that if one Qh is gone from the deck, you now place your LL side bet at an RC of +9, if two are gone +12. this isn't an adjustment to your RC, this is an adjustment to the index at which you palce the LL side bet. personally, i would just play it at +6 all the time and forget the Qh sidecount, but maybe that's because i'm an ignan't schmuck! and maybe you should not follow what i do in this case, but rather the advice of smarter people than me.

if you don't want to keep a sidecount in your head, use some $1 chips on the table to do so, in a non-obvious way.... you'll come up with something i'm sure.

Brock Windsor

Mimosine said:
no you don't adjust either your RC or your TC.
you adjust the INDEX at which you place the bet.
what sonny and zg are saying is that if one Qh is gone from the deck, you now place your LL side bet at an RC of +9, if two are gone +12. this isn't an adjustment to your RC, this is an adjustment to the index at which you palce the LL side bet. sure.
I understand that, Im just trying to adjust it to a True Count (TKO) so we can index apples to apples with any number of decks for Lucky Ladies and any balanced counting system.
BW

schismist

zengrifter said:
Also, add another +3 for each deficient Qh. zg
Maybe I'm missing something here, but it seems like if one Qh is already gone then your chance of getting two of them is zero, so whatever you adjust by, the full adjustment should already be made whenever the first Qh comes out.

schismist said:
Maybe I'm missing something here, but it seems like if one Qh is already gone then your chance of getting two of them is zero, so whatever you adjust by, the full adjustment should already be made whenever the first Qh comes out.
Correct. zg