Penetration %?

EasyRhino

In general terms, kind of "meh".

I didn't see any place where everyone was cutting off less than one deck at general policy at the shoe games. Seemed that 1.5 decks cut off was the average. But penetration is still one of those things that still varies by dealer.

Most of the places that I played pitch at (doubledeck) had something like 60% penetration, except slots a fun, where I got preferentially shuffled.

Mimosine

i'll be in vegas july 2-4th.

i can report back after that, or if you're there before me you could report back :)

mostly interested in el cortez and western sd and dd games.

Mimosine said:
i'll be in vegas july 2-4th.

i can report back after that, or if you're there before me you could report back :)

mostly interested in el cortez and western sd and dd games.
Sorry, I'm not going to be there until late July, but I'll try to remember to post an update after I visit

shadroch

I forgot,but I did play a short while at The Western last trip. With three people at the table,they dealt two rounds and shuffled. I only played about three shuffles and left.

Mimosine

shadroch said:
I forgot,but I did play a short while at The Western last trip. With three people at the table,they dealt two rounds and shuffled. I only played about three shuffles and left.
i primarily played their DD game with 1.5 other people, had plenty of rounds, and if i recall they have LLs.... or was it that royal something that i wasn't supposed to play.....hmmm

chichow

so we're playing at Bellagio

Green Chip table. 2 of us sometimes spreading to full table.

There is a fast dealer in his 20's rotating as relief.

He is aggressive, a fast talker, encourages the players (us) to parlay.

He also knows we're counting. On his last time around he cuts to 1/2 deck. Oh yeah. 6D shoe. We did ok and the count was good, but it wasn't incredible.

nasty pen at 4 Queens

Just returned from Vegas stayed at 4 Queens for 5 days July1-6.
Pen was really bad no better then 50% on all games 8 deck shoe double deck even used a cut card on single deck lopping off almost half a deck.:flame:
Just totally conditions all around.:mad: Anyone know of any better conditions in the downtown area any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks!!!!

Jeff in MKE

ihate17

Question about that .5 other person

Mimosine said:
i primarily played their DD game with 1.5 other people, had plenty of rounds, and if i recall they have LLs.... or was it that royal something that i wasn't supposed to play.....hmmm
Does he also get half the amount of cards? Sounds like an intersting game, but remembering many years ago, when I played at times at The Fabulous Western, the .5 person makes perfect sense. (Yes, I know you were talking about average)

ihate17

Mimosine

ihate17 said:
Does he also get half the amount of cards? Sounds like an intersting game, but remembering many years ago, when I played at times at The Fabulous Western, the .5 person makes perfect sense. (Yes, I know you were talking about average)

ihate17
i just got back from playing there last week and the .5 person still exists! some crazy woman tried to kiss me, then adjusted her undergarments in full view of the table!

still a great place to play for free entertainment, though we missed sunday night karaoke, which was a real shame.