If the count is positive, stand on all 16 vs 10?

sabre said:
You stand on all TC >=0. If the RC is positive, then the true count must also be positive.
then why do all the books say +1 for the 16 vs 10 index? im guessing its because they are rounding up to the nearest whole number (which is inaccurate and stupid) and that they cant say 0 because that would mean stay AT zero.. the problem is that if your supposed to hit at a true count of 1/8 or greater, that would round to zero? this is why i think they need to list indexes to the nearest tenth, not nearest whole, because this means the insurance index (for example) could actually be +2.3 or something, and they would round up to 3, which i guess is why they say "round your tc down if your not sure"

Sonny

SilentBob420BMFJ said:
the problem is that if your supposed to hit at a true count of 1/8 or greater, that would round to zero? this is why i think they need to list indexes to the nearest tenth, not nearest whole...
The problem is that the indices are not accurate to any decimal places. In fact, even whole numbers are pretty sketchy. Using decimal places is no more accurate than using whole numbers, and whole numbers are much easier. In fact, you can even "fudge" your indices by a point or two in either direction and not hurt yourself much. That's the whole premise behind KO's indices and AutoMonk's Franklin system. AutoMonk took the RAPC system and adjusted all of the indices up/down to either 0, 5, or 10. They indices are much easier to remember and it still performs very well.

-Sonny-

Sonny said:
The problem is that the indices are not accurate to any decimal places. In fact, even whole numbers are pretty sketchy. Using decimal places is no more accurate than using whole numbers, and whole numbers are much easier. In fact, you can even "fudge" your indices by a point or two in either direction and not hurt yourself much. That's the whole premise behind KO's indices and AutoMonk's Franklin system. AutoMonk took the RAPC system and adjusted all of the indices up/down to either 0, 5, or 10. They indices are much easier to remember and it still performs very well.

-Sonny-
i dont understand how indexes are so extremely rounded and vague.. either there is or isnt a sufficient amount of card X to do move Y.. there is no in between, and if the problem is estimating the true count correctly, then leave that up to the players, dont estimate the true count and the indexes, then your just double estimating.. i dont vary my bet, so i am big on indexes, and i dont get how you can just play like a ploppy when it comes to indexes; the count is 1.5, but thats close enuf to +3, ill take insurance.. what?! where are the tables that go to the thousandth of a % like all the other tables in blackjack such as the hit/stand/double/split tables? those tables are based on the composition of a standard 52 card deck right? ok so why arent indexes? pisses me off, as i hate making the wrong move.. maybe you guys dont care because your spreading 1-10000, but im not, and i love to be perfect

Kasi

SilentBob420BMFJ said:
i dont understand how indexes are so extremely rounded and vague.. either there is or isnt a sufficient amount of card X to do move Y.. there is no in between,
In a nutshell, that's pretty much what BC and PE are all about.

Like in Hi-Lo, on 14 vs 10, since a 7 is such an important card to know about and plays such an important part in the "correct" decision of whether to hit or not, unfortunately, since Hi-Lo values "7" as zero, one basically has no useful information whatsoever, no matter what the TC, as to whether to hit or not.

But, like u say, in reality, there actually is one and only one, and no more than one, correct play in any given situation for any game with any rules.

Unfortunately, no counting system will predict the absolutely "correct" play in every situation.

Which is to say, no counting system has a PE and BC and IC of 100%.

Get used to living in an imperfect world.