Recent content by mleancole

  1. M

    Strange betting system

    I've read a book that proposes the Uston Advanced Plus/Minus system (tags +1 for 3,4,5,6,7, -1 for X,J,Q;K,A and 0 for 2,8,9) where true count is calculated using full decks and has this strange betting system for 6 decks: 1 deck gone, raise your bet when TC=+4 3 decks gone, raise your bet...
  2. M

    How does the dealer get cards?

    There's a casino in Buenos Aires, Argentina, that pays you 3:2 if you split aces or tens and get two-card 21s on them. It's a nice rule but the rest of the rules suck! Mike
  3. M

    Greasy John

    You can see a recreation of Greasy John at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbjB2aO04lg Greetings from Argentina, Mike
  4. M

    Calculating SD per hand with TC frequencies

    OK now. Is BJ SD roughly equal to the SD of betting Odd-Even in roulette?
  5. M

    Calculating SD per hand with TC frequencies

    Norm, Good one! But I was expecting a more mathematical explanation.
  6. M

    Calculating SD per hand with TC frequencies

    In the charts of Blackjack Attack, the variances for the same number of hands are slightly different depending on the TC, why is it? Mike
  7. M

    Splitting Tens and getting an Ace

    There are some casinos in Argentina that pay the two-card 21 as a Blackjack (3:2) after splitting 10s or Aces. Strange but interesting rule! Mike
  8. M

    Splitting question

    Last night I had two eights against a 3, so I split. I received a 7 to the first 8 so I stood. I received another 8 to the second 8 but the dealer didn't allow me to resplit because he said it must be consecutive 8s. Is this correct?
  9. M

    Defining a good game

    What measurable parameters do you use to define a good and worth playing game: penetration, win rate, player advantage (IBA)? Do you need to run a sim to make a decision? I'm looking for an objective parameter to decide whether to play or not a certain game.
  10. M

    Playing alone

    Is it a good tactic when playing alone to bet 1 unit on 4 spots to "burn cards" and when the count is good to bet a ramp oif 10 to 20 units on only one spot? Should it be profitable as a standard 1-4 backcount tactic?
  11. M

    I hate 16.

    16 against any card is a losing hand. BS just tells you how to lose less taking the proper action. Mike
Back
Top