Recent content by radioguy21

  1. R

    A 6/5 DOUBLE DECK game?!

    Maybe somebody can confirm this one way or another. I was in Vegas most of last week, and right before I caught a cab for the airport I walked through O'Shea's and I could SWEAR I saw a double deck game that only paid 6/5/ Did I actually witness this, or did four days of card counting...
  2. R

    Thoughts On This Game

    Thanks for the replies, gentlemen. I'm using KO, but I haven't fully utilized KO Preferred with the indices (I do use insurance when proper, however.) Guess the next step is to learn the indices!
  3. R

    Thoughts On This Game

    zengrifter is correct, as usual. :)
  4. R

    Thoughts On This Game

    Just returned home from another jaunt to Vegas, but I'm putting this post in the 'General' category as it deals with a specific game, and not necessarily the city in general. Many of you probably know the tables/casino I'm referring to, so I won't be specific. It's a smaller place on the...
  5. R

    Card Value Question

    I was explaining the basics of card-counting to an intelligent (and non-gambling) friend of mine, and he asked a question that I didn't have a good answer for. He asked, "Wouldn't it be mentally less-taxing to count the small cards (2-7)as -1 and the big cards (10, A) as +1?" I've been...
  6. R

    Salamanca NY BJ rules

    I live a couple of hours down the road from Seneca Allegany (Salamanca) and I've been there a few times over the past year. It's a little smaller than the Seneca facility at Niagara Falls, but very comfortable and friendly. The blackjack, unfortunately, is nothing too tantalizing. All the...
  7. R

    hi

    If you're playing a pitch game (single or double deck), yes, you toss the cards lightly in front of your initial bet, then push out the correct number of chips to double your bet. Sometimes it's obvious what you want to do; for instance, you have a 9,2 or 8,3. If you have 5,5, the dealer...
  8. R

    Detroit Casinos

    Does anybody have any information about the casinos in Detroit? With airfares going up and up, I'm thinking about making the three hour drive to the Motor City instead of shelling out big money for planes tickets to Vegas. I realize that I won't find any single or double deck action, but what...
  9. R

    Slow motion dealers

    Played at Slots A Fun a few weeks ago against Prez, an older black gentleman who talked CONSTANTLY. It was humorous at first, but got to be a little irritating a half-hour later. I wanted to play the 3-5 dollar tables longer, but I ended up taking a cab to Fremont Street. Some dealers are...
  10. R

    hotels

    Strip Hotels You may also want to consider the Imperial Palace, right near the Casino Royale. I have stayed there several times, and found it to be comfortable and reasonably priced. (They used to have some REALLY good BJ in the Champagne Pit, but last time I was there things seemed to have...
  11. R

    Dealer Peeking Question

    I should have mentioned that ... no, they did not use the mirror-thingy.
Back
Top