conservative bet spread for 25$ table?

Assuming your bankroll is sufficient and all the pieces of your game are up to par, if your buy in for the session is something like 400$ and the goal is to gain 200$ (no time restraint) would spreading 1-4 be a reasonable spread or would you need to up the buy in?

You need a much larger bankroll than $400 to play on a $25 table. For a 10% risk or ruin you would need 400 x 25 = $10,000. You also won't be making much money with a 1 -4 spread and depending on the rules might not even be profitable.

Lucky11 said:
I'm saying 400$ is the buy in for the night
I really don't understand what significance the $400 has. Is that all your willing to lose? Your buy in doesn't really matter if it's separate from your bankroll. You may have to buy in a few times if you hit a negative streak.

To give you an idea to answer your question though without doing the exact math a 1 - 12 spread should yield you $25/hr. A 1 - 4 spread might actually be unprofitable.

well the buy in could be anything I just assume anything more than 20ish units would draw much heat maybe 600$? I also just prefer to buy in once feels more casual

Last edited:
xengrifter said:
I believe in small buyins...
...but you said it was a limit for the night.
What do you do when you get a high true count and need to get the money out there but you don't have enough on the table? Buy in small, large?
I have gotten myself in to this problem with small buy-ins and the dealer ends up yelling "change $X" about 2-6 times.

Talmadge

JohnCrover said:
What do you do when you get a high true count and need to get the money out there but you don't have enough on the table? Buy in small, large?
I have gotten myself in to this problem with small buy-ins and the dealer ends up yelling "change $X" about 2-6 times.
Stand up from the table while looking like you are upset and steaming.
Put enough money on the table to make your max bet.
Most gamblers that are steaming do that all the time.
It's normal to get a few looks from the pit when you are losing and buying in for your max bet over and over.

Dummy

To avoid the confusion he is not talking buy-in, he is talking BR for the night. To make the answer obvious, what do you do when you have your max bet out and split to 4 hands and have to make a double down. Each hand is $100 so the 4 split is your night's BR, plus you may have to make double downs so 1 round could use as much as $800. You should have a integer multiple of that figure. Don't set a night's BR by win or loss goals. You should not use them except for heat reasons. Leaving a big plus count because you won a bet will really cut into your advantage and may have you playing at an overall disadvantage if your advantage is small.