Advice on a double deck game.

ScottH

Here are the rules of the game. Two decks, DAS, Double 10+11 only, H17, no surrender. Cass told me they have amazing penetration, but I would have to wait for him to give you the percentage.

The betting limits are 10-150. How much of a BR would I need for 10 dollar units, and 25 dollar units? What would I want to spread here? I have a betting ramp for a 1-5 spread as recommended in KO.

IRC= -4
1u at 0 and lower
2u at +1
3u at +2
4u at +3
5u at +4

I was thinking it might be better to bet 2x4 at +4 instead of 5u. Any suggestions on the spread and betting ramp are appreciated.

ScottH

zengrifter said:
PENETRATION!!?? zg
He told me it was as good as Prior Lake, which I think he said was around 90%. He said that one time there were about 10 cards cut off. Like I said, I would want to wait for Cass to post the actual percentage since he was the one playing the game, not me.

ScottH said:
IRC= -4
1u at 0 and lower
2u at +1
3u at +2
4u at +3
5u at +4

I was thinking it might be better to bet 2x4 at +4 instead of 5u. Any suggestions on the spread and betting ramp are appreciated.
You need at least 300u and your RoR will be high at that level (25%+).

At +3 2x3u, at +4 2x4u, and exit as many (-)counts as humanly possible. zg

ScottH

zengrifter said:
You need at least 300u and your RoR will be high at that level (25%+).

At +3 2x3u, at +4 2x4u, and exit as many (-)counts as humanly possible. zg
What would my EV be if I was playing 10 dollar units play-all? Would my ROR go down to 10% or lower if I had 500u or 600u?

ScottH said:
What would my EV be if I was playing 10 dollar units play-all? Would my ROR go down to 10% or lower if I had 500u or 600u?
Just rough estimates, someone here could sim, but I'd guess 2.5u+/100 hands/rounds and yes 10% or lower. Order the phony ID and go get'em! zg

Ps - Learn the full KOP first!

ScottH

zengrifter said:
Just rough estimates, someone here could sim, but I'd guess 2.5u+/100 hands/rounds and yes 10% or lower. Order the phony ID and go get'em! zg

Ps - Learn the full KOP first!
I could come up with 300u, but a 25% ROR is a little too high for me so I would team up to get at least 500u.

I don't even need a fake ID for this game since it's in MN.

I will begin learning KO-Full right away. I remember one post where you recomended a way to learn them, I can't remember what you said, so let me know a good way. There are a little over 40 indexes listed for KO-Full 2 deck. What granuity scale should I learn them with?

Thanks for all the help!

Cass

ScottH said:
He told me it was as good as Prior Lake, which I think he said was around 90%. He said that one time there were about 10 cards cut off. Like I said, I would want to wait for Cass to post the actual percentage since he was the one playing the game, not me.
The worst pen i saw all night was 75%, and the best i saw was the last ten cards cut off. A lot of heat though! They knew i was counting but didnt back me off. During a very negative count i hit 12 vs. 6 with the pit critter watching drew a 7, and the dealer busted pit critter angerly said, "THAT'S BECAUSE HE'S COUNTING CARDS! Earlier in the night I split 10's against a six with table max out which caused him to rush over and see what was going on. A lot of cover is needed to last in this game. and i managed to profit $1500 over a couple hours of play.

jimbiggs

Cass said:
The worst pen i saw all night was 75%, and the best i saw was the last ten cards cut off. A lot of heat though! They knew i was counting but didnt back me off. During a very negative count i hit 12 vs. 6 with the pit critter watching drew a 7, and the dealer busted pit critter angerly said, "THAT'S BECAUSE HE'S COUNTING CARDS! Earlier in the night I split 10's against a six with table max out which caused him to rush over and see what was going on. A lot of cover is needed to last in this game. and i managed to profit $1500 over a couple hours of play.
Another strange example of the pit believing that you're counting and not doing anything to stop you. What should a guy do about that?

Mackhack

Cass said:
What did u do/say to cover urself?

Mackhack

ScottH said:
I have a betting ramp for a 1-5 spread as recommended in KO.

IRC= -4
1u at 0 and lower
2u at +1
3u at +2
4u at +3
5u at +4
OT: Why do you not adjust your IRC to a positive # that is way easier to handle then negative #'s?

ScottH

Mackhack said:
OT: Why do you not adjust your IRC to a positive # that is way easier to handle then negative #'s?
It's not that hard to deal with negatives. The way I do it is much easier. I start the IRC at -3 and bet 2u at +2, 3u at +3, 4u at +4, and 5u at +5. I cant think of anything easier to remember than that.

Mackhack

ScottH said:
It's not that hard to deal with negatives. The way I do it is much easier. I start the IRC at -3 and bet 2u at +2, 3u at +3, 4u at +4, and 5u at +5. I cant think of anything easier to remember than that.
That makes sense :joker:

I use an IRC of
+5 for 6D
+17 for DD
+20 for SD

So I always have have same #'s for doubling, trippling and so on...