Blackjack Software for Mac

Grisly Dreams

Here are two claims:

• Apple exercises more control, and permits less freedom to developers, over its hardware/software stacks than the developers, and end users, would likely prefer.
  • [Apple] is the most closed tech company in the world.

One of these claims is perfectly defensible. The other is not.

QFIT

I'd say that was a huge understatement.:) Apple's degree of control is to the point that if Intel or Microsoft tried it they would have been successfully sued for billions. Forbidding competition in both hardware assembly and development environments is extreme. And that doesn't count forbidding any other stores to sell iPhone apps. Particular for a company that doesn't build any components.

Last edited:

rukus

Agree 100% with Norm - Apple's policies are horrendous and will probably get them sued, eventually.

That said, their computers and the iphone are things of beauty and simplicity, and i wouldnt trade either of them for another brand. (except for when iphones drop calls in big cities... then i could just smash it on the sidewalk). unfortunately for software developers and hardware manufacturers, I'd bet 95% of Mac users agree with me. if it weren't for excel and CV products, i would never have anything to do with Windows.