establishing house advantage

golfnut101

would I be correct for a 6 deck game to start my RC for KO at -21 rather than -20 to accomodate house advantage? 6D, S17, DOA, DAS, NS. I believe the charts I have read say I give up -.49 for a game like this ?

thnx

I don't have a copy of KO handy, but I would NOT deviate from the advice therein as to 6D IRC... otherwise you'll be guilty of 'doing a Mikeaber' on us! zg

Mikeaber

zengrifter said:
I don't have a copy of KO handy, but I would NOT deviate from the advice therein as to 6D IRC... otherwise you'll be guilty of 'doing a Mikeaber' on us! zg
Aweeee...gimme a break ZG!

Gregory

golfnut101 said:
would I be correct for a 6 deck game to start my RC for KO at -21 rather than -20 to accomodate house advantage? 6D, S17, DOA, DAS, NS. I believe the charts I have read say I give up -.49 for a game like this ?

thnx
Hi ya golfnut. No, you don't want to change the numbers like that to accomodate the house advantage. Check out page 76 in Knock-out and you'll see the Benchmarks that the IRC and pivot point are established for. They match what you describe above.

Since you're talking about a 6 deck shoe, be sure to also check out the Fabulous Fives count in Knock-Out as well (it starts on page 109). It really simplifies for when you need to take insurance, ramp your bets, and when to use the preferred matrix entries.
It's a shame we don't have similar simplified custom counts for other deck possibilies.