How do I beat this game?

6 Decks, S17, D9, DAS, OBBO, No surrender
Estimated House Edge for these rules: 0.54%

How much would I make on average?
How much of a bankroll would I need?
How much do I bet according to the true count using Hi-Lo?

Assume I could quit my day job for this.

SystemsTrader

walrus_poker said:
6 Decks, S17, D9, DAS, OBBO, No surrender
Estimated House Edge for these rules: 0.54%

How much would I make on average?
How much of a bankroll would I need?
How much do I bet according to the true count using Hi-Lo?

Assume I could quit my day job for this.
How much you make on average will depend on the size of your bankroll and how long you play. Since you are planing on quiting your day job, I would suggest at least a $50,000 bankroll. Hi-Lo will give you around a 0.6% edge over this game.

SystemsTrader

walrus_poker said:
$50 000? How many units?
I would suggest a minimum 1000 units or if you are still new to counting then 2000 units. Others will probably think thats too many but the one thing I've learned from trading over the years is the importance of bet sizing and keeping your risk small for survival. You will run into periods of long losing streaks which will really test your confidence and send you on a roller coaster ride with your emotions. I estimate you can make about $30/hr at this game then you will have to cover your expenses and that's why I suggested $50,000 min if you plan on making your living at it.

SystemsTrader said:
I would suggest a minimum 1000 units or if you are still new to counting then 2000 units. Others will probably think thats too many but the one thing I've learned from trading over the years is the importance of bet sizing and keeping your risk small for survival. You will run into periods of long losing streaks which will really test your confidence and send you on a roller coaster ride with your emotions. I estimate you can make about $30/hr at this game then you will have to cover your expenses and that's why I suggested $50,000 min if you plan on making your living at it.
But it doesn't mean that you need it all in tact at the beginning - you can add supplementally to BR along the way. zg

nc-tom

SystemsTrader said:
Walrus poker I would agree with ST on this one except I would not quit my day job.