how does one become advantage player on the east coast?

is it humanly possible to grind out an edge on the blackjack game in PA/NJ gaming houses? if one works full time job and only possible rout would be weekends with tables crowding and everyone is trying to get there hands in from the old granny to the guy who looks like he would slit your throat for a five dollar bill in the parking lot.

so i ran alot of sims 8 decker 4-6 players on average from atlantic city and Pa man dates s17/LS and the results were dismal even after part time play of 6months
the results were around 250$ a month what a would be welfare citizen would get a decade ago in most us cities.

and the losses were always hoovering over me like a snake in the grass but back to the main question

never mind bankrolling how does one make 15-25$ an hour in that life position?
any secrets would be helpful or pm's

p.s i don't plan on sacrificeing my weekends for a year for a lousy 250$ a month and risk 4-8 grand in the proccess
thank you

Hell'nBack

Looks like you've adequately answered your own question.
Stevel96a1 said:
is it humanly possible to grind out an edge on the blackjack game in PA/NJ gaming houses? if one works full time job and only possible rout would be weekends with tables crowding and everyone is trying to get there hands in from the old granny to the guy who looks like he would slit your throat for a five dollar bill in the parking lot.

so i ran alot of sims 8 decker 4-6 players on average from atlantic city and Pa man dates s17/LS and the results were dismal even after part time play of 6months
the results were around 250$ a month what a would be welfare citizen would get a decade ago in most us cities.

and the losses were always hoovering over me like a snake in the grass but back to the main question

never mind bankrolling how does one make 15-25$ an hour in that life position?
any secrets would be helpful or pm's

p.s i don't plan on sacrificeing my weekends for a year for a lousy 250$ a month and risk 4-8 grand in the proccess
thank you

Looks like you've adequately answered your own question.

sorry but im not going to waste my time for make a lousy 250$ and risk 4-8 grand in the process period, that amount people make more on welfare a decade ago you sir are insane....

johndoe

Don't whine, figure out what's limiting you, and fix it. In this case, I suspect you're severely under-bankrolled.

And you haven't even considered heat.

LC Larry

You should've put "card counter" and not "advantage player" in your title. In my book, the "AP" is doing many, many more things than a "card counter" is. In fact, unless strictly wonging into positive shoes, card counters are playing at a disadvantage most of their time at the tables.

LC Larry

Hell'nBack said:
An AP plays with advantage. Doesn't matter when.
If that's true, then ALL civilian blackjack players are AP's, because when you have the edge by counting, so do they. Doesn't matter if they realize it or not. So I respectfully disagree.

DSchles

LC Larry said:
If that's true, then ALL civilian blackjack players are AP's, because when you have the edge by counting, so do they. Doesn't matter if they realize it or not. So I respectfully disagree.
That's a foolish statement. You can't beat a shoe game by flat betting, even with counting. So, if a non-counter doesn't know the count and doesn't raise his bet in positive situations, how do you suggest that he's playing with an advantage over all shoes?

Don

LC Larry

DSchles said:
That's a foolish statement. You can't beat a shoe game by flat betting, even with counting. So, if a non-counter doesn't know the count and doesn't raise his bet in positive situations, how do you suggest that he's playing with an advantage over all shoes?

Don
Don, I made no reference to "beating a shoe." Just answers me this, when the hi-lo TC is +5, is the civilian playing with an advantage even if his/her bet is table minimum and doesn't know the count?

Edit: I agree that these civilians can't beat the game. But to be clear, I'm just talking about having an edge over ther game at certain points. And my point was that even counters, except ones wonging in, play at a disadvantage MOST of the time.

I'll reiterate, play all card counters MOSTLY PLAY WHEN AT A DISADVANTAGE. Bet size has nothing to do with this.

Last edited:
everyone here would disagree with you LC Larry, if a card counter varies his bets and a ploppy does not when the deck is favorable towards the player then yes the edge comes into existence and that card counter is a "Advantage player" and that ploppie is still a ploppy because he not capitalize on the advantage.

but rigth now to me the stakes at risk vs the EV is not matching my time at the tables i can easily lose 2-3k and followed by a backoff or ban and not accepting that right now

Hell'nBack

LC Larry said:
Like Don has indicated, it does matter that he knows when to raise the bet as counterdistinguished by the ploppy not having that same knowledge and using it advantageously.

gronbog

While both the poppy and the play all card counter make most of their bets at a disadvantage, the counter is playing with an overall advantage while the ploppy is not. I think this is what Don is trying to point out.

DSchles

gronbog said:
While both the poppy and the play all card counter make most of their bets at a disadvantage, the counter is playing with an overall advantage while the ploppy is not. I think this is what Don is trying to point out.
Of course it is. It's silly to talk about the AP having the edge sometimes and not other times; globally, he has the edge. Period. Globally, the ploppy never has the edge. Period.

Don