in need of understandable answers

when i play bj on my program at home, i beat the crap out of it when i play heads up. when i set the program to have other players (computer generated), i do not do well at all. it is a four deck game and i use it to practice counting.
why is there such a difference in results depending on the number of players?

KenSmith

Administrator
Staff member
Unless there is a flaw in the software you are using, you're just experiencing bad luck.

Yes, the number of players can have an effect on a card counter's results, but in 4 decks the effect is minimal. If you're curious, the number of hands in play at the table can interact with the cut card location and have a noticeable effect on the effective penetration. Sometimes fewer spots is better, sometimes more spots is better. It just depends.
However, this effect is very minor except in 1 and 2 deck games.

counter-fit said:
then it has to be some kind of flaw in the program. i have played on this software off/on for a year and a half and the results are consistent.
Not necessarily a flaw, could still be bad luck. But playing BJ on PC is NOT quality practice - you need drill-software. zg

you and others are echoing the same message. i can go through a deck in 25 seconds, i can deal/play two hands and a dealer hand with basic strategy and keep the count.
counting software is next on the list. i just wanted to make sure i wasn't into a passing fad before spending some money on more practice.