KO counting question.

ScottH

I noticed that for 6 decks, in the KO system, the starting count is -20. In the article I read, it shows that the player gets the advantage at -4 and higher. My question is, can you start the count at -16 and start increasing your bets at 0 and higher? It seems to me like it's the same thing. I have to ask becuase there must be something that I am missing. It just seems easier for me to start with -16, and know to start increasing my bet with positive running counts. I got this info from an article posted by a user in this forum, but I can't remember which thread it was in.

ScottH

Well, I don't want to have to do that so I'll just learn it like that. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me to have the key-count be anything other than 0 in this system. I'm sure there is some good reason, but it doesn't matter as it's not that big of a deal. Thanks ZEN.

SystemsTrader

Scott the great thing about KO is its flexibility with counts. I start all my IRCs at zero for all deck sizes. Do what you find the most comfortable and easiest to remember. Like Zen says don't forget to move your key and pivots points.

golfnut101

KO counting question

this is a little off topic, but is KO rookie quite a bit weaker than the KO in the book ? Lastly, does anyone use a IRC that starts positive, and then uses the single digit for raising bets ? So, for example, if I play a 6 deck game, and I make my IRC 16, then when the key count gets to 32, the 2 erpresents 2 units, 33 means 3 units, and so on, until say, maybe a 6 unit raise ? Would this work ?

golfnut101 said:
this is a little off topic, but is KO rookie quite a bit weaker than the KO in the book ? Lastly, does anyone use a IRC that starts positive, and then uses the single digit for raising bets ? So, for example, if I play a 6 deck game, and I make my IRC 16, then when the key count gets to 32, the 2 erpresents 2 units, 33 means 3 units, and so on, until say, maybe a 6 unit raise ? Would this work ?
KO Rookie is weaker because it has no BS deviation indices other than insurance. Your method would work on general principle IF you re-calibrate your indices. zg

bigbjfan

Golfnut101,

I use the KO count just as you are asking. On a 6 deck game, the IRC is 36 and the key count is 52. 52=2, 53=3, 54=4, etc...

ScottH

Recalibrating the Index.

Let's say the IRC is -20, the key count is -4, and the Index is +2. If I wanted to make the key count 0, to "recalibrate" I would have to make the IRC -16 and the Index 6. Is this correct? If this is right could I change either the IRC, key count, or index to anything I wanted as long as I "recalibrated" the other two?

Gregory

ScottH said:
Let's say the IRC is -20, the key count is -4, and the Index is +2. If I wanted to make the key count 0, to "recalibrate" I would have to make the IRC -16 and the Index 6. Is this correct? If this is right could I change either the IRC, key count, or index to anything I wanted as long as I "recalibrated" the other two?
The IRC of -20 indicates the 6 deck count. Be sure to take a long hard look at the "Fabulous Fives" count for 6 deck play. All key counts are divisible by 5, making it simple to integrate insurance, indices, and ramped wagering. The key count is only slightly rounded off to +20 instead of +21, but this makes no appreciable difference to expectation. But seriously, a count of +21 being the point where you max bet is certainly easy enough to remember in blackjack if you want to be exact.