KO Indexes.

ScottH

In the KO-Preferred system, there are 5 "Category C" indexes, that are used at the IRC and higher. They are 13 vs 2+3, and 12 vs 4-6. For 6 and 8 decks, it says to omit them. Why? Could I still use them if I wanted to for added cover?

SystemsTrader

ScottH said:
Yeah, I think I will keep adding indexes until I have upgraded to KO Full.
That's how I did it, I didn't do it all at once. Everytime I would go I would add one new index number and within no time you will have them all memorized.

SystemsTrader said:
That's how I did it, I didn't do it all at once. Everytime I would go I would add one new index number and within no time you will have them all memorized.
Never mind how he did it - use flashcards and learn them all NOW. zg

ScottH

zengrifter said:
Scott, do you think you can TC? If so, eventually we will evolve your play to TKO. zg
I have never tried since I started out using regular KO. I'm sure that I can, everything becomes pretty easy with practice. Do you have any good references for learning? Does anyone know the added power TKO has over KO?

ScottH said:
I have never tried since I started out using regular KO. I'm sure that I can, everything becomes pretty easy with practice. Do you have any good references for learning? Does anyone know the added power TKO has over KO?
Full-index true-counted KO is about 17% stronger than KOP, and its even slightly stronger than HiLo. It require totally different indices. zg

ScottH

zengrifter said:
Full-index true-counted KO is about 17% stronger than KOP, and its even slightly stronger than HiLo. It require totally different indices. zg
I think a 17% increase in EV is a good enough reason for me to upgrade. I will start practicing true-count conversions once I become completely comfortable counting.

Where can I find information on TKO? I know that it wasn't in the book. Also if anyone knows of a good place to learn about doing TC conversions, or good practice drills, please let me know.

ScottH said:
I think a 17% increase in EV is a good enough reason for me to upgrade. I will start practicing true-count conversions once I become completely comfortable counting.

Where can I find information on TKO? I know that it wasn't in the book. Also if anyone knows of a good place to learn about doing TC conversions, or good practice drills, please let me know.
Create your own TKO indices by adding +4 to each HiLo index (for 52-card TC) -or- +2 to each Snyder HiLoLite index (for 26-card TC). Using the complete HLL matrix in the BBIBJ appendix will work fine. I'm not too keen on the betting, though. zg

ScottH

zengrifter said:
Scott, do you think you can TC? If so, eventually we will evolve your play to TKO. zg
If I am going to upgrade to a counting system using TC conversions, wouldn't I just be better off going with Zen?