more count debate thoughts...lol

KewlJ

Ok so I just listened to the GWAE episode with card counter "Joe". Discussion went to one of our favorite discussions, hi-lo (level 1) vs a level 2-3 count and just what the real difference is. Colin gave the best answer I have heard. "You gotta compare apples to apples...so can you play the same number of rounds per hour, with the same level of mental fatigue, with the same number of limited errors (error rate) with a higher level count?" This is the question that I don't believe most higher level count proponents can or do answer honestly, whether intentionally or not.

The rest of the answer was that "IF it is an apples to apples comparison the difference is 4-5% in the simulations that he has run". He then added there are much better ways to improve 4 or 5%. Bravo Colin...outstanding answer. :cool: Colin's final statement on the subject "If you can do it great (higher count) but my friends that have made the most money have done so with hi-lo, to with Munchkin replied, yeah, mine too". Full discussion at the 17 minute mark.

The related remarks that I wanted to bring to light immediately followed. The question was is there any advantage to using a higher level count in as far as the pit counts down with hi-lo? This is interesting because many of the higher level count proponents make this same argument. Munchkin jumped right on this with a "no, because the pit is no longer counting down players (in most places) but rather software up above is and the software identifies 95% of the same advantages". So that argument also is out the window.

Ok, I am done for the night. I will get to the Yoshi podcast soon, bjo32. ;)

johndoe

It's refreshing to see the (other) experts weigh in and support exactly what you've been saying, for years. People who are pursuing advanced counts are very much focusing on exactly the wrong stuff.