Poker question

I know everyone here is a pro at this and I'm just a beginner (and I could post to 2plus2.com, but I am posting here, sorry for the non-blackjack content).

Would you rather have a great hand or be on the button? Here is a hypothetical. For example what hand will win more in the long run, AA under the gun or JT suited on the button?

Just wondering (and this is probably poker 101).

Anon

Empirical answer derived from 116,000,000 observed hands

For example what hand will win more in the long run, AA under the gun or JT suited on the button?

At a full, ten-handed, limit Texas Hold'em game:

AA UTG is worth 2.49 big bets

JTs on the Button is worth 0.15 big bets

These are overall expectations, with no regard for number of callers, betting action or any other consideration except position. Ignoring position:

AA is worth 2.32 big bets

JTs is worth 0.15 big bets

Interestingly, JT suited has positive expectation in every position and JT unsuited has negative expect in every position except one ( +0.01 ), the seat before the cut-off, and this is likely sampling error.

Thanks and I must have asked the wrong question

Thanks for running a simulation and giving numbers as results. I guess my question is for the expected value of each seat. I have heard that in a game with a rake only the button has the edge.

Thanks.

Anon

That wasn't a simulation.

Those were results from money games (as opposed to tournament) played on a poker site. It is always advantageous to act last.