Solving Dice Blackjack Game

I am not sure if this is the right place for my questions. I will try anyways.

At a private game where I am a regular guest, they recently added a game they call "Dice Blackjack". Instead of cards they use two six-sided dices. The concept is the same as regular Blackjack, with some changes.
You only bust on 24 or higher, Dealer stands on 18 or higher. A 12 (6+6) can be used either as 12 or 1, like the Ace. Blackjack is reached with 12 (6+6) and 11 (6+5) on the first two rolls.

After rough estimations I immediately thought that this game is beatable, but I didn't manage to solve it. I tried to change existing infinite-deck Blackjack solvers, this didn't work as I wouldn't fully understand them.
Technically I am now able to solve this game using excel / google sheets, but it would take ages to calculate every single roll for the dealer as I only know his first roll.

While I understand the math behind the game, I need help formulating some kind of formula or solver. Maybe some of you guys could give me some inputs or guide me in the right direction?

Here you can find parts of my Google sheet, where I basically tried to calucalte the odds of dealer busting and reaching certain scores showing 12: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/195dOIB8eK7aNs0_XK5YDSYKJQG6F03ss_Lv33ylYnQk/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
This seems like a fun game to analyze! I'm gonna give it a shot.

Clarifications: If you hit soft 16 (6+6, 2+2) and get a 7, your total becomes hard 12, right?
Does the dealer stand on a soft 18?
I'm assuming blackjack pays 3:2?
Can you double, split, surrender? Have those rules been sussed out yet?

Last edited:
Pitboss123 said:
Assuming the loosest (and simplest to replicate) rules (S18, 3:2, Da2, full surrender, NHC, hit split 12s), I found a house edge of just under 7%. That's a rough game, my friend.

My Google sheet is https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XQPYnx_HZfUIBJDY1Ut2hxAFev8z4MkrKdDjFXEPSI0/edit?usp=sharing
I based it off Michael Shackleford's infinite deck blackjack spreadsheet
Thank you for the great input. Yesterday I sat down to play the game for the first time and now I actually know the full rule set.

Bust is actually 24 and higher, not 23. I will edit the original post.
Yes, Blackjack pays 3:2 (which is crazy considering the odds to hit one).
Dealer stands on soft 18.
You can't split, double or surrender. Some players suggested allowing doubles, but so far they haven't implemented it.

Also, you can actually only "draw" up to 5 dice rolls per player/dealer. If dealer got 5 dice rolls and is still <18, he has to stand anyways. Same for the players.

If you hit soft 16 (6+6, 2+2) and get a 7, your total becomes hard 12, right?
Well not anymore since 23 is no bust, but yes, if you get a 8 in this case, it becomes hard 12.

I will take a look at your sheet and the video later, thank you!

Last edited:
Alright, I took a look at your sheet. I believe you made a few mistakes with the Soft 23+ (now actually 24+). A soft 25 is not a hard 15, but a hard 14. Also your total probabilities don't add up to 100%, 2.6% are missing.

Since the rules changed a bit, I created one myself without double, split, surrender and Bust>23. While the house edge decreases to 4.7%, my probabilities aren't adding up like yours.

I didn't try to implement the max 5 rolls per player rule yet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w-7Gx2Cdl4L5gew75ygZx_axelegzqBIP30E5mjcLHk/edit?usp=sharing