Sound Familar?

Last night at the tables.

$5 twenty to the right, $5 blackjack to the left, I'm in the middle looking at a $100 Ten & 2.

Dealer has Ten up, I hit and naturally get a Ten and bust. Dealer amazingly has a 6 in the hole, hits, draws another Ten for the bust.
Player to the right collects his $5, Player to the left gets $7.50, and I am putting down my minimum $10 bet as the count that justified the $100 bet has now disappeared.

You really got to love this game.

The Mayor

Very much so.

That does sound familiar, incredbily so. Some times it seems this is the "norm" for the game.

Here is another example, the count is right on the brink of one decision vs. another. You are doing all the calculations you can, then you see that one last card that is dealt to the ploppy on your right. That card changes the count just barely enough to change your play. As a result, rather than standing on 12 VS. 3 you hit 12 VS.3, losing your max bet. I cannot tell you how many times this has happened.

Or this one, playing two hands, I have a 15 VS. T which I surrender, then I hit my 16 VS. the dealer's 7, and pull a 6. The next guy to my left then gets dealt a 5 when he hits his 16 VS. the dealer's T.

I would think it is a conspiracy, if I was not winning despite all these horror stories.

--Mayor