The agony of defeat

SystemsTrader

I am currently going through a nasty losing streak. I got crushed playing blackjack this weekend. I lost 8.5% of my bankroll in one sitting. I kept getting real positive shoes but with my max bet out I just kept losing. It was tough to take, but I understand losing is part of the game and when you play long enough, negative streaks do happen. I have lost 8 out of 10 trips this year and my bankroll has taken a beating. I had a good year last year too.

The reason I am telling everyone this is to let the new guys know losing does happen and even positive shoes can be losers. I lost on 4 positive shoes in a row. I am optimistic though and have a big Vegas trip coming up this month and will stick to my plan. I am convinced losing streaks are what determine successful counters because they weed out a lot of wannabe counters who can't handle the pressure of a long losing streak. If you understand the math and stick with your plan you will persevere in the long run.

tedloc

Misery loves company

I don't usually tell my "Bad Beat" stories but I just got back from Harrah's Rincon, in San Diego, and saw your thread. Played at a table for 4+ hours without a blackjack. I also had 2/9 on 11 different occasions, vs. all kinds of dealer up cards (3-10),doubled each time and only won the hand once, when the dealer busted. As it was, I was still getting good enough hands to last the 4 hours and left with a 50% loss, of my session BR. When's the last time you played for 4 hours and never saw a BJ in front of you?

Last edited: