To know ones NO

Dopple

After about 2000 hands I am enjoying a positive variance that I would estimate to be between one and two SD. I yearn to get a fix on my EV to structure my life but can only play limited hours due to my family responsibilities. Why can't I gather statistics at home using identical rules and spreads as I find on the real felt and take this as viable data to supplement my journey to the wizard of NO. Please tell me my yellow brick road is leading to somewhere real. I play play all 6D DAS 4.5 pen at home but Wong in and out some of the time in the real game making my extra information somewhat conservative which is good IMHO.

DSchles

Dopple said:
After about 2000 hands I am enjoying a positive variance that I would estimate to be between one and two SD. I yearn to get a fix on my EV to structure my life but can only play limited hours due to my family responsibilities. Why can't I gather statistics at home using identical rules and spreads as I find on the real felt and take this as viable data to supplement my journey to the wizard of NO. Please tell me my yellow brick road is leading to somewhere real. I play play all 6D DAS 4.5 pen at home but Wong in and out some of the time in the real game making my extra information somewhat conservative which is good IMHO.
Playing hands to "gather statistics" and determine your accurate e.v. is utterly futile. A computer plays in a couple of seconds a number of hands that would span several of your lifetimes.

If you want accurate information, get software, see Chapter 10 of BJA3, or, preferably, do both.

Don