New casino opened in Stratford Westfield centre

  • tezzadiver

    New casino opened in Stratford Westfield centre

    I heard this new casino opened yesterday or a few days ago.

    Anyone have any intel yet?
    http://www.estatesgazette.com/blogs/olympics/2011/03/westfieldaspers-promise-something-special-with-casino-first.html (Link is dead)

  • London Colin

    Are you sure it’s opened

    As far as I know, it’s not due to open until December.

  • UK-21

     

    Won’t it be run by one of the chains that use CSMs in all of their outlets?

  • ycming

     

    I believe Aspers, have a shoe game. But only at £10 min.

    Ming

  • tezzadiver

     

    Quote: London Colin said:
    As far as I know, it’s not due to open until December.

    Yep you are 100% correct. Its due to only open on the first of december.

    I heard wrong for the opening date. Definetely worth a scouting at a later stage.

  • tezzadiver

     

    Quote: ycming said:
    I believe Aspers, have a shoe game. But only at £10 min.

    Ming

    6 Decks?

  • tezzadiver

     

    Quote: UK-21 said:
    Won’t it be run by one of the chains that use CSMs in all of their outlets?

    Be a shame if they do. Sounds like its going to be quite spacious……..

  • London Colin

     

    Quote: tezzadiver said:
    Yep you are 100% correct. Its due to only open on the first of december.

    I heard wrong for the opening date. Definetely worth a scouting at a later stage.

    There’s also the Hippodrome Casino, due to open in ‘early’ 2012.

    That may be more interesting since it does not appear to belong to any of the existing chains. And it will be competition for the other casinos in and around Leicester Square.

  • ycming

     

    Quote: tezzadiver said:
    6 Decks?

    Going by the Aspers in Newcastle, then yeah 6 decks.

    Ming

  • KenSmith

     

    Today’s the day for the UK’s first super casino to open at Westfield Stratford City. Reports anyone?

  • tezzadiver

     

    Quote: KenSmith said:
    Today’s the day for the UK’s first super casino to open at Westfield Stratford City. Reports anyone?

    Well, I can tell you they are not shortchanging it on the marketing. The tube is literally plastered with signs announcing the opening in most carriages.

    Wanted to go, but too knackered from work. Also eagerly waiting a report.

    Apparently 40 gaming tables open, should be interesting to see if it`s going to be mainly CSM`s. Shame if it is.

  • Percy

     

    No good for card counters.

    All CSMs except for two tables with max £20 and min £2. This could change though.

  • tezzadiver

     

    What a surprise

    How many decks are they using incidentally on the £2 tables? Four, Six?

  • Percy

     

    The place was nicely designed though, and very busy. You get the feeling they’re going to do quite well.

  • Percy

     

    Quote: tezzadiver said:
    what a surprise

    How many decks are they using incidentally on the £2 tables? Four, six?

    6

  • tezzadiver

     

    Quote: Percy said:
    The place was nicely designed though, and very busy. You get the feeling they’re going to do quite well.

    Yep, There ain`t a shortage of ploppies in London, that`s for sure.

  • caramel6

    stratford

    Quote: Percy said:
    No good for card counters.

    All CSMs except for two tables with max £20 and min £2. This could change though.

    I was told only shuffling machines though.

The BlackjackInfo Knowledge Base contains over 200,000 messages posted by the BlackjackInfo community.

Posting and replies to the knowledge base are no longer available, but comments and replies are welcomed on the blog.