why does the mirage use

  • jingber05

    why does the mirage use

    a automatic peeking device and most of the other LV casinos do not?

  • Richard Munchkin

     

    All the Vegas use a form of peeking device.

    Are you talking about the little red light green light device rather than the simple mirror prism device that is much cheaper and can’t break? They are leftover relics from when Steve Wynn owned the Mirage and he came up with the idea for those things.

  • BJgenius007

     

    Quote: Richard Munchkin said:
    All the Vegas use a form of peeking device.

    Are you talking about the little red light green light device rather than the simple mirror prism device that is much cheaper and can’t break? They are leftover relics from when Steve Wynn owned the Mirage and he came up with the idea for those things.

    But Mirage is the only one using a fancy, unique device.

  • Sucker

     

    Quote: jingber05 said:
    Why does the Mirage use an automatic peeking device and most of the other LV casinos do not?

    Why does one person smoke Camels and another smoke Marlboros? Why do some men prefer blondes and others prefer brunettes?

    Quote: BJgenius007 said:
    But Mirage is the only one using a fancy, unique device.

    I would estimate that there are somewhere around 30-50 casinos in the U.S. that use that particular device.

  • StudiodeKadent

     

    Quote: Sucker said:
    I would estimate that there are somewhere around 30-50 casinos in the U.S. that use that particular device.

    Indeed. Bellagio and Aria use them as well.

  • paddywhack

     

    Quote: Richard Munchkin said:
    All the Vegas use a form of peeking device.

    Southpoint has no device. They still manually check for blackjack.

  • jingber05

     

    dont they only check for blackjack with an Ace showing?

  • aslan

     

    Quote: paddywhack said:
    Southpoint has no device. They still manually check for blackjack.

    What do you mean by “manually?” No prism? They bend the card up? I don’t remember that, but it’s been a while.

  • paddywhack

     

    Quote: jingber05 said:
    dont they only check for blackjack with an Ace showing?

    That’s correct. You only lose your initial bet if there’s an ace under a face card.

    Quote: aslan said:
    What do you mean by “manually?” No prism? They bend the card up? I don’t remember that, but it’s been a while.

    That’s correct too.

  • jingber05

     

    well i mean wouldnt you only lose your initial bet anyways? how could you lose more?

  • tthree

     

    Quote: jingber05 said:
    well i mean wouldnt you only lose your initial bet anyways? how could you lose more?

    Go play European rules and find out. There are games where you do lose your double or splits if the dealer flips a BJ after you have played.

  • paddywhack

     

    Quote: jingber05 said:
    well i mean wouldnt you only lose your initial bet anyways? how could you lose more?

    Split 8’s, double 11, hell even double 10 comes to mind…..

The BlackjackInfo Knowledge Base contains over 200,000 messages posted by the BlackjackInfo community.

Posting and replies to the knowledge base are no longer available, but comments and replies are welcomed on the blog.