Twenty-something hits Presque Isle Downs for half-million at BJ – Page 2

  • SBT

     

    Quote: jaygruden said:
    Likely a non AP. They want him to keep playing because they know they’ll get it back and then some.

    Yeah, I was thinking that this fellow may just gamble it all away again. If I won the amount he won I would invest it in real estate or stocks and not play bj seriously again.

  • Paddler

     

    Quote: SandBaggins said:
    That’s a nice run! You sure you’re just counting? Hehe

    SB

    No hole cards in my area and minimal tracking opportunities. Bankroll growth was due to 1-30 spreads and sometimes more depending on betting levels and heat.

  • aslan

     

    Quote: Paddler said:
    No hole cards in my area and minimal tracking opportunities. Bankroll growth was due to 1-30 spreads and sometimes more depending on betting levels and heat.

    I would surmise a lot of luck involved in winning at 1 to 30 spreads, at least considering my own experience at half and less than half of that. YMMV

  • Paddler

     

    Quote: aslan said:
    I would surmise a lot of luck involved in winning at 1 to 30 spreads, at least considering my own experience at half and less than half of that. YMMV

    For sure I had luck on my side, although twice I came close to busting out. But after my first dip, I actually knew what I was doing and it brought in some money (15k). Ever since its been routine to gradually extract EV from the felts. Unfortunately my aggressive spreads have me 86’d in half my local stores. As to the spreads I forgot to mention it was 1-40 at the $5 and $10 tables. Now i mostly play $25 tables with a slightly smaller spread.

    Paddler.

  • aslan

     

    Quote: Paddler said:
    For sure I had luck on my side, although twice I came close to busting out. But after my first dip, I actually knew what I was doing and it brought in some money (15k). Ever since its been routine to gradually extract EV from the felts. Unfortunately my aggressive spreads have me 86’d in half my local stores. As to the spreads I forgot to mention it was 1-40 at the $5 and $10 tables. Now i mostly play $25 tables with a slightly smaller spread.

    Paddler.

    Well, I can understand a long run of winning sessions. Myself, I have not had a losing session since last Spring, but then I do not spread large. Don’t ask me what my largest loss was before that– I’d rather not think about it.

  • Dyepaintball12

     

    Quote: Bondy3 said:
    30k… even if I wasnt an AP I wouldnt tip 30k, thats ludachris

    If you win almost $600,000 then what’s $30k really? Another Chevy Camaro? Come on.

  • blackchipjim

    big win?

    There is a little more to this story then was reported.

  • Billy C1

     

    Quote: Dyepaintball12 said:
    If you win almost $600,000 then what’s $30k really? Another Chevy Camaro? Come on.

    It’s exactly 5% which is too —-ing much!!!!!

    BillyC1

  • jaygruden

     

    Quote: blackchipjim said:
    There is a little more to this story then was reported.

    Can you enlighten?

  • Paddler

    Wow

    Quote: aslan said:
    Well, I can understand a long run of winning sessions. Myself, I have not had a losing session since last Spring, but then I do not spread large. Don’t ask me what my largest loss was before that– I’d rather not think about it.

    Unless your counting all your hours as a continuous session, I must say that the probability of not having a losing session in that time must be miniscule. How many sessions have you played since last spring?

    Paddler.

  • aslan

     

    Quote: Paddler said:
    Unless your counting all your hours as a continuous session, I must say that the probability of not having a losing session in that time must be miniscule. How many sessions have you played since last spring?

    Paddler.

    Let’s see, from memory–

    Vegas: 10 hours (several short sessions)
    Charles Town: 1 hour (1 session)
    AC: 4 hours (2 or more sessions)
    Dover Downs: 4 hours (ditto)
    AC: 4 hours (ditto)
    Dover Downs: 4 hours (ditto)
    Mt. Airy PA: 1 hour (1 session)
    Sands PA: 5 hours (2 sessions)

    About 33 hours total

    Total wins: about $5,000

    I probably lost that much in a single session before Vegas.

    Everything is approx. I can’t remember any losing sessions in that time, but there could have been a very small one here or there. But the total wins still net out the same since I am pretty accurate what I net for each trip. There could be a discrepancy here and there for VP play, which in general was a net loser; that is, I may have won more at blackjack, but netted out VP losses.

  • blackchipjim

    More info!

    The player in question was extremly lucky in more ways than one. Sounds incrediable but thats what luck is all about.

The BlackjackInfo Knowledge Base contains over 200,000 messages posted by the BlackjackInfo community.

Posting and replies to the knowledge base are no longer available, but comments and replies are welcomed on the blog.