Bear "exaggerated" his Reno Trip Reports

creeping panther said:
A shame to have lost the "Honorable Kim Lee" truly a BJ Machine and one of the greatest players alive today, or in any other time.:cool:
If I can get him back will anyone forgive me for "chasing off" ExCAA? zg

Ps - You were right, who the OP is - he's posting this same attack elsewhere.
Mod at (Dead link: http://www.beyondcounting.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=436) _ExCAA board ALSO let him slide_, maybe cause no one's minding the store there?

Last edited:

KenSmith

Administrator
Staff member
zengrifter said:
Mods can weigh in - Were there BJINFO discussion rules broken here? zg
Hard to say. We don't have hard and fast rules that cover everything. FWIW, I don't think that's a problem.

In this case I was uncomfortable enough about the post that I contacted the parties mentioned. If they had indicated that they would prefer it be edited, it would be. Of course, if actual names or identifying info had been posted, I wouldn't have hesitated in pulling the thread. My main reason in contacting the individuals was in case they felt that the usernames were not secure enough to protect their identity.

As for the general tone of the OP, I would say it falls short of the personal attack guideline. However, if the OP were to make multiple posts of this nature, I would likely blast or edit them. For the current conversation, I've let stand the OP's statement of his opinion, and I think the community is best served by the post and subsequent replies remaining visible.

KimLee

Good call, Ken.

FWIW, LVBear and Chappy have long, consistent internet histories, as well as personal contacts to support positive, honest reputations. I have never seen anything suspicious in their posts.

LVBear was well within his rights to omit sensitive information. As for Chappy's big session, I can believe him blasting away at $5K table limits in the right situation. He could easily lose $100K within an hour, and then win it back. It might not have been a straight counting situation, and I can appreciate that managers would (initially) have wanted him to continue.

Again, sunlight is the best disinfectant. So I think LVBear/BJ21 was wrong to bust a post. If the post mentioned real names or other sensitive information then maybe it deserved busting.

Finally, you need to read between the lines. One influential author mentioned playing craps for cover. He didn't mention an extraordinary comp deal, where craps was actually positive or breakeven. Silly readers actually emulated him without understanding the math.

KenSmith said:
Hard to say. We don't have hard and fast rules that cover everything. FWIW, I don't think that's a problem.
Fair enough. The extra clarification is helpful to many. Thank you. z:confused::confused:g

Last edited:
Chappy

zengrifter said:
If I can get him back will anyone forgive me for "chasing off" ExCAA? zg

Ps - You were right, who the OP is - he's posting this same attack elsewhere.
Mod at (Dead link: http://www.beyondcounting.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=436) _ExCAA board ALSO let him slide_, maybe cause no one's minding the store there?
I remember with great fondness when he first came on board at BJ21 and he caused a great stir, people did not want to believe him at that time and flamed him brutally,,,,but it was a fun time,,,OL Chappy!:laugh::laugh::cool:;)

I could say more but will leave it at that:grin:

CP