Hilton's 2 deckers

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightOwl

Thunder said:
I'm sure it was on a $1 machine as I don't play $5 machines. I believe the machine said JOB. I know for sure there's one inside of Sultan's palace and there is one across from it too I believe.
Taj has $1 9/6 JOB in the high limit slot area.

21forme

I spoke with a friend of mine this morning who is currently in AC. He played the Hilton DD game for a short time. Abenzio is correct. 2 tables, 15-500 limits, 50% pen.

Not a game I would play with 50% pen...

aslan

NightOwl said:
Taj has $1 9/6 JOB in the high limit slot area.
Okay. I knew it was the high limit area where I found it, but I didn't realize they call $1 high limit. I never play more than 50 cent machines at the most. Although one time I played a $5 VP with some free slot play and hit the royal but betting only one unit at a time. Go figure! :laugh:

aslan

Why would anyone want to play a 50% pen game? Hole carders, I'll grant you, but counters? I can think of better ways to get robbed. But actually, the last I heard, the game was not running. So why waste my time in either case?

Last edited by a moderator:

Thunder

aslan said:
Okay. I knew it was the high limit area where I found it, but I didn't realize they call $1 high limit. I never play more than 50 cent machines at the most. Although one time I played a $5 VP with some free slot play and hit the royal but betting only one unit at a time. Go figure! :laugh:
At least you hit a royal!! I've yet to hit a royal or even a straight flush after many many hours of playing.

aslan

Thunder said:
At least you hit a royal!! I've yet to hit a royal or even a straight flush after many many hours of playing.
I hit one at Planet Hollywood two years ago I think it was. I had been hitting a lot of negative variance, and so I had switched to 25 cent VP. Finally, my last night I switched to 50 cents because I was losing too much to get even at 25. I hit a RSF in hearts to get even for the trip. Talk about luck! I was uninformed about full pay machines until last year, so I was playing a lot of poor machines, especially deuces wild machines. Now I am careful to play only full pay machines.

aslan

Thunder said:
I hit a straight flush at Borgata a couple of days ago, but still managed to lose $45 overall.:whip:

bj bob

aslan said:
... I can think of better ways to get robbed. But actually, the last I heard, the game was not running. So why waste my time in either case?

Why? :1) Because Jesus loves you! 2) Because your fellow brethren depend upon you and, 3) Because inquiring minds want to know. :grin:

kewljason

AC conditions are sad. :( Hence, my decision to migrate west at least part-time. Hopefully, but doubtfully, competition from 2 neighboring states due to begin tables games play sometime this year will help. In fairness, Abenzio described only very average games for AC. There are somewhat better games, if you look. 8 deck/1.5 cut, 6 deck/1.25 cut can be found if you shop around.

As for his claim concerning counter catcher, "Charles" at Borgata, by my records I played more than 30,000 hands at Borgata in 2009, (I track hands played rather than hours) winning nearly 1100 units and never encountered "charles" nor was bet restricted. :confused:

kewljason

Thunder said:
Kewl, you probably were hardly a threat in the eyes of the Borgata. They have people plopping down thousands a hand every day.
Very true, Thunder. My $300 top wager was rarely the top wager at the table. Makes for good cover. :) I know that Borgata can well afford to donate $27K to the KEWL fund. :cool:

iCountNTrack

Abenzio said:
when will I be allowed back into the chatroom from the comfort of my home :confused:?.
In another life.
Abenzio said:
Hey look at my case, if I can stay despite the heat from Maz, BJC, Ken (chatroom-banning!), etc... .
Let me correct you it was I who banned you from the chatroom so leave Ken alone.

Played the Hilton DD.

Not bad at all, rules were H17, DOA, DAS, NMS, and pen was 0.6-0.8 decks. Kind of like a Station DD game. Two tables on the main floor. The $100 table in the no-limit room may have been S17, didn't check it because I had no intention of playing it.

peaegg

Automatic Monkey said:
Played the Hilton DD.

Not bad at all, rules were H17, DOA, DAS, NMS, and pen was 0.6-0.8 decks. Kind of like a Station DD game. Two tables on the main floor. The $100 table in the no-limit room may have been S17, didn't check it because I had no intention of playing it.
The pen was more like 0.9 to 1.0 to me. Tons of heat. There was a pit person constantly watching the players and the dealers of the two tables, one $15 - 500, the other $25 to 1000.

bjcount

peaegg said:
The pen was more like 0.9 to 1.0 to me. Tons of heat. There was a pit person constantly watching the players and the dealers of the two tables, one $15 - 500, the other $25 to 1000.
One table open - $15min, your spot on with the pen. Watching for an hour and never saw less then 1d cut off.

The felt has 7 spots + the dealer. Watched players have 6 hands (includes the dealers) go 3 rounds and the cut card was out, happened consistently for 3 or 4 dd's in a row.

Stripping, riffling, flip flopping, another riffle, and another stripping just to put it into a ASM anyway. Talk about a waste of time.

Saw a guy going 1x15, 2x $15 to 2x $75 with no heat.

BJC

bj bob

Double Deck Penetration

I think that with the great amount of interest shown here regarding the Hilton's double deck games since January and the number of forum members that have physically observed them, that it would be wise to spend 15-20 mins. scouting the tables and actually counting down the pen. for three consecutive shuffles, calculating the average , noting the time of day and coming up with an accurate penetration %. That's not asking too much, is it?

Most dealers stick with the 50% pen rule. A tip-hustling dealer may give 75% "once a blue moon". A job-loss-phobia-dealer may give less than 50% pen when players are winning big :)

bjcount

Here's another report from a reliable outside source who is a regular poster on another site.

After WTC's recent visit to Hilton's DD games, she summed it up well.

"The DD game that is much talked about in some quarters is a crappy version (1.0 pen) of the worst LV DD games that were also far too crowded to be playable."

BJC

Status
Not open for further replies.