How is everyone else's year going so far?

aslan

Gamblor said:
Genuine concern, I don't think anything will completely remove that possibility. But come now, standard CC is full of cliffs. Or the roller coaster going off track.
I thought someone was watching me play. Now I know who it was! :laugh: :laugh:

NightStalker

I'm up

More than what I've aimed for the year.. That is the primary reason I'm not motivated and have logged in less thany 30 hours in last three months.. Planning to do some traveling next month :)

21gunsalute

tallmanvegas said:
Im not impressed with these results, lots of work is needed here guys, keep on keeping on
Tallman
I think I can speak for most of us here when I say that we're not in this to impress the likes of you. ;) And what would you like us to work on? Or do you just think we're a bunch of sandbaggers? :rolleyes:

paddywhack

Excellent start to the year, hope it continues. Over double ev, about 6.5 units/hour, for over 550 hours. Set 43 ATH's this year, nearing the end of my second full year of play.

Coyote

paddywhack said:
Excellent start to the year, hope it continues. Over double ev, about 6.5 units/hour, for over 550 hours. Set 43 ATH's this year, nearing the end of my second full year of play.
That is great paddywhack! Glad to hear you are doing so well!

Best to you!

Gamblor

mjbballar23 said:
Something is not adding up here. Your primarily counting, have 1000 hours played so far this year (40+ hours a week??!!!), and you've never had a session loss over 60 units? So if your a $5 unit player you've never lost more than $300 in one session over a 1000 hour sample? Pretty sure this is not possible...
Got back from a sojourn for a few days, and of course I had my biggest session loss of the year, 100+ units :sad: Of course, if you never brought it up mj, I'm sure it never would have happened! :laugh: So the blame falls squarely on you! :grin:

It was an abbreviated session, towards the end of my trip, was getting annoyed and tire so left early, so doesn't really count in my book ;) Normally I would just sit there til I get most of my money back. Eh flat the other days, so I guess a 100 unit loss over a few days isn't the worse thing that could have happened.

zoomie

My trick for reducing variance is playing a joint bank with GF (I'm Not Jill]. That has noticeably dampened the flux.

We drifted up somewhat steadily, nothing dramatic, for the first five months or so, then we were slammed for 150 units, then we crushed several different venues. We quickly recovered that loss and are up a little over 600 units beyond that. It has been a very good year so far, about 1500 units or so. Almost all straight CC BTW. :eyepatch:

This is a good time to thank the many supportive posters who have helped us to sharpen our games. There is some awesome intellect here, an amazing resource for both newbies and old dogs like myself (34th year counting :devil:).

Coyote

zoomie said:
It has been a very good year so far, about 1500 units or so. Almost all straight CC BTW. :eyepatch:
Hey the craft is not dead yet! Congrats to you both and I am so glad to have met the two of you! Keep up the good work!

Best Regards,
Coyote

down

~30 hrs, down 65 units. Unfortunate big negative variance swing hit last session with a new spread increase. :( Was slightly above water 5 units prior to that. :eek:

Coyote

FLASH1296 said:
I can hardly believe my eyes when I look at my spread sheet for this year.

I am way way beyond my expectations.

So nice Flash! You are an inspiration to all of us. One day, I hope to be close to your level!

Best regards
Coyote

aslan

FLASH1296 said:

Congratulations! May negative variance remain far behind you! Maybe it's time to change your name to ROCK1296. :)

kewljason

FLASH1296 said:

My sincere congrats, Mr Flash. :) Don't get too cocky though. You know as well as anyone that expectation has a way of catching up in the longrun. Always better to have expectation chasing you than you chasing expectation though. ;)

Last edited:

aslan

kewljason said:
My sincere congrats, Mr Flash. :) Don't get too cocky though. You know as well as anyone that expectation has a way of catching up in the longrun. Always better to have expectation chasing you than you chasing expectation though. ;)
I like that!

assume_R said:
As we move onto the second half of 2011, I was wondering how everybody's years are going so far?

There have been 28 weekends this year so far, of which I've played 16 of them. I have had 9 losing trips and 7 winning trips. Right now I'm under EV, averaging a winrate of about 2/3 a unit per hour :mad:.

I definitely know that I am still inside the turmoil of variance, but it doesn't make it any easier to stomach psychologically when I am definitely under my simulated EV. I peaked around the middle of March and have been steadily decreasing my profit since then.

2010 (my first year of counting) treated me much better. 2011 is a fickle mistress and if I do say so myself being kind of a bitch ;).
Positive varience always treats me well. Mainly because I know when to jump in a game better than most. 7 trips. 1 losing trip 3 trips break even after trip expenses and three trips closer to the high end of my hourly standard deviation. I am in the green. Never have really gone under since I started. Had a couple of handfulls of losing trips but never been stupid enough to go bust. With my winnings always out weighing my loses. I play the hi-lo count a little different than most and that most undoubtabley contributes to my huge monster wins or my mountainous losses. All in all nothing to wipe my smile off my face.

One more thing, would you believe all my profit is from 6:5games with poor pen? :)

Last edited:

paymypush

comatoseb.j. said:
Positive varience always treats me well. Mainly because I know when to jump in a game better than most. 7 trips. 1 losing trip 3 trips break even after trip expenses and three trips closer to the high end of my hourly standard deviation. I am in the green. Never have really gone under since I started. Had a couple of handfulls of losing trips but never been stupid enough to go bust. With my winnings always out weighing my loses. I play the hi-lo count a little different than most and that most undoubtabley contributes to my huge monster wins or my mountainous losses. All in all nothing to wipe my smile off my face.

One more thing, would you believe all my profit is from 6:5games with poor pen? :)
Wow! Just think what you could do with decent rules and pen.