idiots anonymous

should we be allowed a thread for a blackjackinfocom-team.... if it's ok with Ken?

• yea

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • nea

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

sagefr0g

aslan said:
View attachment 394

Well, that's ok. Sage said lights. Lol My wife brought me 6 decks of cards, which I have "washed" and shuffled and am ready to go. Since I don't have any of this hi tech software, what data must I keep track of? thanks.
:1st: for aslan's wife. lol.
try and keep track of the number of hands played and what you won or lost at say some number of hands played when you decide to take a break. something like that.

aslan

sagefr0g said:
:1st: for aslan's wife. lol.
try and keep track of the number of hands played and what you won or lost at say some number of hands played when you decide to take a break. something like that.

I love the lack of rules and definitions!

Yeah, she's number 1! She found ten decks for $5.00.

sagefr0g

Attachments

aslan

First Report for Aslan Using KO

Watching Fox News and playing by hand, I've only managed to play 189 hands so far. I am $75 up, but the first part of my play had me down hundreds ($525 at hand #101). I have kept track of each hand on a spreadsheet, which automatically enters my initial bet based on the count. I didn't have time to fully automate the spreadsheet, but it's pretty easy to use. I did deviate from the suggested betting scheme (1 to 24 spread) to follow the one recommended by the authors of KO (1 to 10 spread), and which I typically use in real life play. The betting progression used was as follows:

Count.....Bet
LE-5.......$25
-4..........$50
-3..........$50
-2..........$75
-1..........$100
0...........$125
+1.........$150
+2.........$200
+3.........$225
GE+4.....$250

Preferred Betting Employed

-4........Stand 16 vs X
+3.......Take Insurance
+4.......Stand 16 vs 9
+4.......Stand 15 vs X
+4.......Stand 12 vs 2
+4.......Stand 12 vs 3
+4.......DD 11 vs Ace
+4.......DD X vs X
+4.......DD X vs Ace
+4.......DD 9 vs 2
+4.......DD 9 vs 7
+4.......DD 8 vs 5
+4.......DD 8 vs 6

Is there any more data that I should report?

sagefr0g

aslan said:
Watching Fox News and playing by hand, I've only managed to play 189 hands so far. I am $75 up, but the first part of my play had me down hundreds ($525 at hand #101). I have kept track of each hand on a spreadsheet, which automatically enters my initial bet based on the count. I didn't have time to fully automate the spreadsheet, but it's pretty easy to use. I did deviate from the suggested betting scheme (1 to 24 spread) to follow the one recommended by the authors of KO (1 to 10 spread), and which I typically use in real life play. The betting progression used was as follows:

Count.....Bet
LE-5.......$25
-4..........$50
-3..........$50
-2..........$75
-1..........$100
0...........$125
+1.........$150
+2.........$200
+3.........$225
GE+4.....$250

-4........Stand 16 vs X
+3.......Take Insurance
+4.......Stand 16 vs 9
+4.......Stand 15 vs X
+4.......Stand 12 vs 2
+4.......Stand 12 vs 3
+4.......DD 11 vs Ace
+4.......DD X vs X
+4.......DD X vs Ace
+4.......DD 9 vs 2
+4.......DD 9 vs 7
+4.......DD 8 vs 5
+4.......DD 8 vs 6

well first off that's cool lol. :1st:

and second off i don't think so for additional data as long as we get what you are up or down by how much overall and how many hands played at that point.

and third off..... anyway you could repost this info here:
http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showthread.php?t=10252

aslan

sagefr0g said:
well first off that's cool lol. :1st:

and second off i don't think so for additional data as long as we get what you are up or down by how much overall and how many hands played at that point.

and third off..... anyway you could repost this info here:
http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showthread.php?t=10252
Thanks, mighty wise one! I used to know how to calculate some of that stuff in the link when i first started out, but now I don't remember...early onset Alzheimer's, I think...don't remember...could be...I know the reason I use the KO recommended betting progression is because they figured out the Kelly adaptation and RoR for me--all I have to do is follow their guidelines. Lol Lazy, aren't I? Anyway, I have a really good win/loss ratio in real life--my big problem has always been to not chase my money when I get down, and to not bet beyond my bankroll. these are disciplines that are two of the mainstays of good play in my opinion, but they do take a lot of the fun out of playing...Lol...no recklessness allowed!...now what fun is that?!...it's a wake up call...puts counting into the job category...like everything else when you get to the pro level...not that I am...but you know what I mean...it starts to feel more like work than adventure...and when it's adventure, you feel like you have your hands tied behind your back, because you can't do anything to quickly rescue yourself...you just have to plod along doing what you do...in fact, doing the same thing that got you in the red!....but trusting that you'll meet up with Senor Longrun eventually...if you live that long, or so it sometimes seems...Lol... BTW, my average bet was $58... I can still add and divide... Lol...I need to take some AP classes...

sagefr0g

aslan said:
..... Anyway, I have a really good win/loss ratio in real life--my big problem has always been to not chase my money when I get down, and to not bet beyond my bankroll. these are disciplines that are two of the mainstays of good play in my opinion, but they do take a lot of the fun out of playing...Lol...no recklessness allowed!...now what fun is that?!...it's a wake up call...puts counting into the job category...like everything else when you get to the pro level...not that I am...but you know what I mean...it starts to feel more like work than adventure...and when it's adventure, you feel like you have your hands tied behind your back, because you can't do anything to quickly rescue yourself...you just have to plod along doing what you do...in fact, doing the same thing that got you in the red!....but trusting that you'll meet up with Senor Longrun eventually...if you live that long, or so it sometimes seems...Lol.........
glad to hear you have a good win/loss ratio in real life. so far i'm doin alright as well.
and yeah you aren't the only one that needs to watch the chasing and steaming. destructive actions aren't they? for me if i'm coasting along with what appears to be expectation or high standard deviation i'm not bothered by the work one bit. lol. it's when the low end standard deviation strikes that i get the sense that hey wait one here this is too much like work. lol.
and then you know darned well the low end stuff is gonna come along sooner or later so it's like waiting for the other shoe to drop. lol. i don't even like it when i'm just playing on the computer and the low end stuff hits. sure would like to know how folks like Bojack and company deal with that.

jack.jackson

aslan said:
Well if a 1-10 works for you, it works for me. Im sure kasi can figure that in. Its a good thing you came back from that defeceit or we'd had to throw you off the team.lol Just kidding. Nice work!
]Watching Fox News and playing by hand, I've only managed to play 189 hands so far. I am $75 up, but the first part of my play had me down hundreds ($525 at hand #101). I have kept track of each hand on a spreadsheet, which automatically enters my initial bet based on the count. I didn't have time to fully automate the spreadsheet, but it's pretty easy to use. I did deviate from the suggested betting scheme (1 to 24 spread) to follow the one recommended by the authors of KO (1 to 10 spread), and which I typically use in real life play. The betting progression used was as follows:
Well if a 1-10 works for you, it works for me. Im sure kasi can figure that in. Its a good thing you came back from that deficeit or we'd had to throw you off the team.lol Just kidding. Nice work!

aslan said:
Count.....Bet
LE-5.......$25
-4..........$50
-3..........$50
-2..........$75
-1..........$100
0...........$125
+1.........$150
+2.........$200
+3.........$225
GE+4.....$250

-4........Stand 16 vs X
+3.......Take Insurance
+4.......Stand 16 vs 9
+4.......Stand 15 vs X
+4.......Stand 12 vs 2
+4.......Stand 12 vs 3
+4.......DD 11 vs Ace
+4.......DD X vs X
+4.......DD X vs Ace
+4.......DD 9 vs 2
+4.......DD 9 vs 7
+4.......DD 8 vs 5
+4.......DD 8 vs 6
Optional: +1...150.....+2....300 ....+3....600

aslan said:
I think we got the rest....rules...etc