luck

Machinist

Luck Smuck!!!! LOL

Position yourself to take advantage of stuff when it happens... We all create our own luck. I look at luck as like a topping.... My AP play there is no luck involved.... BUT it sure is nice when luck shines on top of my play... Spin enough slots and you will hit a big hit. Mathematically even with a huge hit it is only a small portion of the mathimatical win.... But it sure feels good when you do pick that "LUCK" stuff up.. Only happens a few times a year....
LUCK has happened to me this year already... But i initiated it.... I had an idea that my machine play and BJ AP play could compliment each other.....I found this site and read all i could and deduced that CP was who i needed to talk to ..... Luck???? I guess,
Lucky to get invited to a BASH,,,, i feel very lucky.... And all that were there....They are first class acts for sure...
Luck?????ehhh pursue ideas and it will happen... That's how i got in this business in the first place.... I pursued a far fetched claim of a not so upstanding citizen.... One thing lead to another and 15 years have passed.... Its been great!!!!!
I am looking forward to the next 15 with new found friends off this forum....VERY EXCITING!!!!!

Take care all

Machinist

sagefr0g

Machinist said:
Position yourself to take advantage of stuff when it happens... ...

.... I had an idea that my machine play and BJ AP play could compliment each other.....I found this site and read all i could ....
imho, your absolutely correct about the two approaches complimenting one another.

like certain aspects of machine play conditions can make for some dead time, well that's a perfect time to wong a few bj tables or so.
kind of makes the most of your time sort of thing.

Figured I would post this possible senario in this thread 'luck', I'm thinking of walking in with $1000, placing it on 1 hand and go for 2 straight wins, netting $3000 profit.

I've always thought of doing something like this but have never done it yet... anyone have any stories about these types of approaches? thx.

Deathclutch

Nick_Escalantes said:
Figured I would post this possible senario in this thread 'luck', I'm thinking of walking in with $1000, placing it on 1 hand and go for 2 straight wins, netting $3000 profit.

I've always thought of doing something like this but have never done it yet... anyone have any stories about these types of approaches? thx.
I wouldn't recommend doing something like this, but if you understand the risks then your best bet is to do a one and done. Try it once and double up. Each subsequent hand you play is going to increase your chances of going broke, and bring that house edge on you.

Machinist

Machinist said:
Position yourself to take advantage of stuff when it happens... We all create our own luck. I look at luck as like a topping.... My AP play there is no luck involved.... BUT it sure is nice when luck shines on top of my play... Spin enough slots and you will hit a big hit. Mathematically even with a huge hit it is only a small portion of the mathimatical win.... But it sure feels good when you do pick that "LUCK" stuff up.. Only happens a few times a year....
LUCK has happened to me this year already... But i initiated it.... I had an idea that my machine play and BJ AP play could compliment each other.....I found this site and read all i could and deduced that CP was who i needed to talk to ..... Luck???? I guess,
Lucky to get invited to a BASH,,,, i feel very lucky.... And all that were there....They are first class acts for sure...
Luck?????ehhh pursue ideas and it will happen... That's how i got in this business in the first place.... I pursued a far fetched claim of a not so upstanding citizen.... One thing lead to another and 15 years have passed.... Its been great!!!!!
I am looking forward to the next 15 with new found friends off this forum....VERY EXCITING!!!!!

Take care all

Machinist
Right on Bro'!:toast:

We all very much enjoyed your presence!:):grin:;):cool:

:celebrate

CP
And all the MMOA:1st:

Jack_Black

Nick_Escalantes said:

That's a common play, and it doesn't work. People approach blackjack like poker for some reason. Like you can psyche out the cards or the dealer or something. I sat next to a guy who bought in for $4G. He played $1G hands that lasted maybe 7 hands. He never broke even before going bust.

aslan

Nick_Escalantes said:

One day I was steaming from a long streak of negative variance at blackjack, so I decided to place $1,000 on color at roulette three times in a row. I initially was bent on letting the entire amount ride so that $1,000 would become $2,000 would become $4,000 would become $8,000. I bet the first $1,000 and won. My gambling buddy talked me into betting only $500 on the next spin, which I did and won. He then talked me into only betting another $500 on the last spin, even though I was now $1,500 ahead. I listened to him and won. I left $2,000 winner, but not the $8,000 I would have been without his advice. The fact is, it's a bad bet and I got lucky. I have not bet anything on roulette since, largely because I have learned to avoid steaming behavior, not perfectly, but I get better at it all the time.

Luck Generator: RMSE^2 = S^2 + B^2

Nick_Escalantes said:

Try your luck in a biased roulette. See below about the bias formula.

aslan said:
One day I was steaming from a long streak of negative variance at blackjack, so I decided to place $1,000 on color at roulette three times in a row. I initially was bent on letting the entire amount ride so that $1,000 would become $2,000 would become $4,000 would become $8,000. I bet the first $1,000 and won. My gambling buddy talked me into betting only $500 on the next spin, which I did and won. He then talked me into only betting another $500 on the last spin, even though I was now $1,500 ahead. I listened to him and won. I left $2,000 winner, but not the $8,000 I would have been without his advice. The fact is, it's a bad bet and I got lucky. I have not bet anything on roulette since, largely because I have learned to avoid steaming behavior, not perfectly, but I get better at it all the time.

Hey Brother-in-Christ, don't give up on the wheel. Rumors have it that MIT roulette team has used bias formula to locate biased roulette and made a ton of money. Rumors also have it that the team has used this "luck-generator-for-the-wheel":

RMSE^2 = S^2 + B^2

where RMSE stands for root mean squared error, S for standard error and B for bias. A standard error quantifies the spread around the expected value. Bias quantifies the difference between expected value and the "truth". RMSE quantifies the spread with respect to the "truth".

aslan

Abenzio said:

Try your luck in a biased roulette. See below about the bias formula.

Hey Brother-in-Christ, don't give up on the wheel. Rumors have it that MIT roulette team has used bias formula to locate biased roulette and made a ton of money. Rumors also have it that the team has used this "luck-generator-for-the-wheel":

RMSE^2 = S^2 + B^2

where RMSE stands for root mean squared error, S for standard error and B for bias. A standard error quantifies the spread around the expected value. Bias quantifies the difference between expected value and the "truth". RMSE quantifies the spread with respect to the "truth".

Don't get me wrong. What I am through with is betting roulette WITHOUT an advantage. If I stumble on a biased wheel, Katie bar the doors!!! :laugh:

sagefr0g said:
What’s Luck Got to Do with
It?

Using Quantum Mechanics to Alter the
Crapshoot of Life
By Fred Alan Wolf, Ph.D.

Ever wonder how lucky or unlucky you are? Or do you think that whatever success or failure you’ve had had nothing to do with luck at all?
Well, if the quantum world has anything to do with it, not a single moment has passed without Lady Luck looking over your shoulder as
you attempt to draw to that inside straight called the game of life. But if we live in a quantum world, there is a way to beat Lady Luck at
her game. All you need to do is look vigilantly and carefully at the world—and take action with that same care and vigilance.....
http://www.fredalanwolf.com/myarticles/NWT article.pdf
I got to meet Dr. Wolf (aka Dr. Quantum) recently. zg

Gamblor

zengrifter said:
Cool, I've read one of his books, and interesting article.

One of the strange phenomenom I observed is how many times I hit the Lucky Ladies side bet. I've hit the suited pair and inordinate amount of times, even factoring in the high count. Funny the number times I suddenly placed a LL side bet and win, shocking and amazing the ploppies who have been whiffing on them all time. Almost seems like altering outcome with my expectations on this side bet :grin:

Could be all vodoo and selective memory of course, but who really knows what memory is in the first place, if you catch my drift ;)

sagefr0g

zengrifter said:
well that's interesting, did you bring anything away from that meeting?

interesting take on value in this vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMr7Z_f0jM
just thinking doesn't cut it, apparently resistance is needed to get value... also effort required to obtain value...
..... hmmm, how about luck, how about that universe popping into existence? where did the effort come from there?

aslan

sagefr0g said:
well that's interesting, did you bring anything away from that meeting?

interesting take on value in this vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMr7Z_f0jM
just thinking doesn't cut it, apparently resistance is needed to get value... also effort required to obtain value...
..... hmmm, how about luck, how about that universe popping into existence? where did the effort come from there?
The thing is, the universe just keeps trying different things mindlessly until after zillions of years, it lucked out and created man, quite by chance, mind you, with all his abilities for reasoning and self-awareness, etc. I wonder what happened to all the miscreants that it must have created in the process. But let's not worry about all it's botched attempts of which we can't find the evidence. Now the universe is evolving and trying to make God. Well, it might take a zillion or two more years, or even a googleplex more years, but because the universe is infinite, eventually it will luck upon the formula for creating God. When it does, what will all those atheists scientists say then? At last, they'll have to come to grips with the existence of God. I hope I'm around when that day comes! :laugh:

sagefr0g

aslan said:
The thing is, the universe just keeps trying different things mindlessly until after zillions of years, it lucked out and created man, quite by chance, mind you, with all his abilities for reasoning and self-awareness, etc. I wonder what happened to all the miscreants that it must have created in the process. But let's not worry about all it's botched attempts of which we can't find the evidence. Now the universe is evolving and trying to make God. Well, it might take a zillion or two more years, or even a googleplex more years, but because the universe is infinite, eventually it will luck upon the formula for creating God. When it does, what will all those atheists scientists say then? At last, they'll have to come to grips with the existence of God. I hope I'm around when that day comes! :laugh:
hmmm, ok, so far as value it can just happen, but far as us mere mortals, uhmm then we're gonna meet resistance and it's gonna require effort to obtain value, unless we are just lucky?:rolleyes:

Gamblor said:
Cool, I've read one of his books, and interesting article.

One of the strange phenomenom I observed is how many times I hit the Lucky Ladies side bet. I've hit the suited pair and inordinate amount of times, even factoring in the high count. Funny the number times I suddenly placed a LL side bet and win, shocking and amazing the ploppies who have been whiffing on them all time. Almost seems like altering outcome with my expectations on this side bet :grin:

Could be all vodoo and selective memory of course, but who really knows what memory is in the first place, if you catch my drift ;)
Covered this in ZGI - it was Dr. Wolf's mutual friend, Marilyn Ferguson who channeled Kenny Uston for me (see page-31-33) --
-- I met Wolf at her memorial. zg

See also -
Remembering Marilyn Ferguson 1938-2008
Fred's newest book: Alice and the Quantum Cat http://www.zenzoneforum.com/threads/18706-Alice-and-the-Quantum-Cat

aslan said:
"In the beginning, there was the word... but in the end, just a cliche!"
-- from Thus Spoke ZaraGrifter

aslan said:
Thank you Professor Corey! :laugh:

See - BJINFO Book review: The Quantum Mechanic

Gamblor

zengrifter said:
Covered this in ZGI - it was Dr. Wolf's mutual friend, Marilyn Ferguson who channeled Kenny Uston for me (see page-31-33) --
-- I met Wolf at her memorial. zg

See also -
Remembering Marilyn Ferguson 1938-2008
Fred's newest book: Alice and the Quantum Cat http://www.zenzoneforum.com/threads/18706-Alice-and-the-Quantum-Cat
Good stuff ZG about luck and state and so forth, although I'm highly skeptical about channeling and such.

The foolish man is superstitious. The smart man is not superstitious. The really smart man is superstitious. ;)

sagefr0g

Gamblor said:
Good stuff ZG about luck and state and so forth, although I'm highly skeptical about channeling and such.

The foolish man is superstitious. The smart man is not superstitious. The really smart man is superstitious. ;)
like the story in Blackjack Attack......

about chicken soup is good for you.....
a guy falls dead and this lady wants to give him chicken soup....
another guy goes, "chicken soup for a dead man?"
the lady goes, "what could it hurt?"
:rolleyes:

Gamblor

sagefr0g said:
like the story in Blackjack Attack......

about chicken soup is good for you.....
a guy falls dead and this lady wants to give him chicken soup....
another guy goes, "chicken soup for a dead man?"
the lady goes, "what could it hurt?"
:rolleyes:
"What the people fear, I cannot be unafraid." - Lao Tzu