please somone tell me the proceedure for zen counting

i am extremly new at this and i hear people saying to ask the people on this board and that the blackbelt in blackjack book is obsolete can somone please help by telling me in detail what to do i am new mind you i dont even know what to do with endices and am not sure if i can get the tc unless it is dividing the rc by # of decks remaining

jack.jackson

kune gochu said:
i am extremly new at this and i hear people saying to ask the people on this board and that the blackbelt in blackjack book is obsolete can somone please help by telling me in detail what to do i am new mind you i dont even know what to do with endices and am not sure if i can get the tc unless it is dividing the rc by # of decks remaining
First, do you have basic strategy down rock solid?

avs21

Before you decide to learn the Zen count. What kind of games will you be playing? If you are going to be playing shoes majority of the time you might want to learn a different count.

yeah i will be playing shoes what would be a good system for that and yes i have the basic strategy down. i here good stuff about zen that is the reason i am looking into it

Last edited:

jack.jackson

kune gochu said:
yeah i will bew palying shoes what would be a good system for that and yes i have the basic stratagy down. i here good stuff about zen that is the reason i am looking into it
I think zen is just about ideal for shoes! In addition to that, alot of people on this site use it. Therefore you should never have the problem of a question you may have, to go unanswered. Another benefit is that the 8and9s are neutral, which make it somewhat easier to learn.Question is, is are you ready for it?Here are the tags 11222100-2-1

Step.1. Learn the value of each single card. Then start learning the two card combos.(single deck)

jack.jackson

kune gochu said:
ok im practicing the rc so should i be aiming for 25 secs before going on...
Yes, but accuracy is by far more important than speed for a beginner. Speed will come with practice. Its important to have your two-card combos before attempting to keep a running total. This will be key later on, to become a lightning fast counter. Dont rush it, dont be in a hurry,the fun stuff will come later, pre-memorize key pairs, such as, all BJ are -3, all 20s are -4.etc is a very useful tool.
Even sit the cards down and practice all multiples of 3 and 4. Through -50 to +50. Add 3, subtract 3, add4, subtract fours. etc
Count out loud if it helps, but stop before it becomes a habit. Also remember all 14,15,16s cancel eachother out:)
And if you want you could do what I did and put the 2,3and 7s(+1) into a visualized colored subgroup of lets say yellows. And 4,5,6s of blues. That way you know one blue and one yellow =+3. This is just an option of course.
I actually used this technique when I learn a level 4 count.

peaegg

Just converted from Hi-lo to Zen

I found zen is great, especially for insurance. After two years of using hi-lo, I decided to give zen a try, primarily because reading of this board. thank you guys. It took me two weeks of practice to get the count down to 25 seconds for a single deck run down. For the index, I use CVData to generate I-18 and catch22. Since I am not 100% sure about my ability of counting yet, I want to keep the index simple. It is more important to know the count and to make the correct bet spread anyway. After three trips to AC, I have doubled my bank roll from 2000 to 3900. Most of my game is lousy 8 decks. But I wouldn't play unless the cut is decent. And I frequently leave the table if TC went -2. Hopefully my message could encourage you and others to test level 2. it is not that hard.