Ploppies, Ploppies Everywhere

LordDante

What can you do if one of these ploppies gets up of his seat and tries to explain why is contraproductive to double A7 vs 5, and he stops all the table and the dealer waits for the explanation?:flame:

MeanWhile all the others(2) players are angry at you because they lost in your play.:cool:

Whats the right reaction here? i dont want to draw attetion:devil:

callipygian

LordDante said:
What can you do if one of these ploppies gets up of his seat and tries to explain why is contraproductive to double A7 vs 5, and he stops all the table and the dealer waits for the explanation?:flame:

MeanWhile all the others(2) players are angry at you because they lost in your play.:cool:

Whats the right reaction here? i dont want to draw attetion:devil:
You've got three options.

(1) Ignore them. Just signal the dealer to do what you want, and if the dealer hesitates, call the pit boss over.

(2) Tell the other players to f*** off, either explicitly or implicitly. "You play your game, and I'll play mine," is the nicest of such phrases.

(3) Use a pre-prepared stupid explanation. "Of course I want to double, dealer's going to bust with a 15!" is one such phrase. Go to (1) or (2) if they don't buy your explanation.

hawkeye

I heard a guy at a table once get on someone who was telling him how to play. This was a few years ago, but I remember it fairly well. The guy was sitting anchor and the dealer had a bust card up and the guy hit. The guy had crap though, like a 2 and a 3 so he needed something. Someone else at the table gets on him about taking a card saying that he'll take the dealers bust card and starts lecturing him about playing anchor.

The guy at the anchor seat put him in his place, it was great. I don't remember the lines verbatim but basically the anchor guy said, in a very polite voice "Ok, I won't hit this, but for the rest of the shoe you can't say a thing about how I play because this one card will make everything else different. I was going to hit, and maybe my hit would've made the dealer bust, but since you know what's right you can decide this one. But now you've changed how the rest of the shoe will come out, so anything bad that happens is your fault and you can't say anything else about how I'm playing because you've already changed the rest of the shoe for everyone."

The guy shut up immediately and true to form he didn't say another thing that whole shoe, nor did anyone else at the table. It was classic.