The dumbest thing you have ever seen at the table

aslan

metronome said:
This must be why chips frequently stick together.
Can you imagine if we were to swab chips and culture the results...EWWWWW:laugh:
A friend of mine loaned his expensive pool cue to someone the other day. Just before finishing the last game, the guy turned toward the wall where pool cues were stored in a stand, and crimping his nose with his fingers, he blew his nose toward the wall and carpet in the style often associated with outdoor workmen.

You should have seen my friend who loaned his cue-- a black guy, he turned white. After getting the cue back he was swabbing it with alcohol from top to bottom. He remarked, "I wonder what this guy might have on his hands. I doubt he washes his hands after using the toilet. I don't want to touch anything he has touched."

I didn't stick around to see if he also wiped down the entire pool table. It was funny-- and sickening. No respect for the property of others-- the cafe owner or the cue owner. Whew!

Tomorrow I'm carrying a couple packs of disposable disinfectant towels. :(:laugh:

Sharky

BJgenius007 said:
...next hand she stayed at 13 against dealer's 8. I had 15, draw a 7 that was supposed to be hers. The next player had 13, draw a 4 that was supposed to mine. The next card was 8, bust next player's hand. And dealer indeed had 18. Everyone in the table lost their hands, just because the girl need a dumb move (not draw a card to prove she is not very good). If she had hit her 13 against dealer's 8, everybody in the table would have won!
oh, i hate when that happens, they should have paid you anyways

aslan

Sharky said:
oh, i hate when that happens, they should have paid you anyways
But you realize that what you are saying is classic ploppy thinking, don't you? Her not hitting a 13 against a dealer 8 does not alter your odds, or anybody's, but hers. The truth of the matter is that the next card could have just as easily been a 6, giving you (him) a 21, and so on down the line. The fact that it did not work out that way is independent of her action. How would you have liked it if she properly hit and it caused everyone to bust instead? We should then blame it on a bad shoe? The odds are what they are.

I don't mind playing with a ploppy who always does the wrong thing. Actually, it keeps the table from filling up, because other ploppies flee for their lives! Truth is we only remember it when the mistake affects our hand negatively, not when it affects our hand positively.

Last edited:

21forme

I think I've posted this one before...

Dealer has an Ace showing and by mistake flips his hole card instead of putting it in the peeker. He calls the pit over, explains, and says he forget to ask if anyone wanted insurance, too. PB says anyone who wants insurance can take it. Everyone pushes out an insurance bet except one older woman at the table. One guy says to her,"You know he has a BJ. You should take insurance." She replies,"Never take insurance. It's a sucker's bet."

aslan

21forme said:

Dealer has an Ace showing and by mistake flips his hole card instead of putting it in the peeker. He calls the pit over, explains, and says he forget to ask if anyone wanted insurance, too. PB says anyone who wants insurance can take it. Everyone pushes out an insurance bet except one older woman at the table. One guy says to her,"You know he has a BJ. You should take insurance." She replies,"Never take insurance. It's a sucker's bet."
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: A classic!

aslan

Canceler said:
You should check to see if your sarcasm radar is working, 'cuz it appears to be down. :)
You're probably right. I have a habit of taking printed words literally, absent a clue, like a smiley face. I did keep saying, "Sharky? Sharky? This doesn't seem like Sharky." But it does apply to the OP anyway. Sorry Sharky. :eek:

pogostick

The worse ploppy play was on a cruise ship> i swear ,there were not a handful of folks that knew bs. A group of school teachers were playing bj & had no idea. They never looked at the dealers up card & asked me every time if they had won or lost even when the dealer took their money. The same group did the same thing on the crap table never knowing what number they had & asked after every roll if they won or lost. I will admit,they were a lot of fun & maybe the drinks had a lot to do with it.

insurance

21forme said:

what is the true count, i would take insurance only if over 3

dumbest

last weekend i was playing at a 10-300 table.
the guy at the last box had 10-10 vs dealer 6.
he of course split it, and said, in the long run you will win much more money from splitting than staying. he had bad cards for both 10 and he lost both bets.
a few hands later he again has 10-10 vs 6. he split again and he loses both bets again. He still said that i may have lost here but in the long run you will win more.

pit15

bernmasd said:
he of course split it, and said, in the long run you will win much more money from splitting than staying. he had bad cards for both 10 and he lost both bets.
a few hands later he again has 10-10 vs 6. he split again and he loses both bets again. He still said that i may have lost here but in the long run you will win more.
it's true, in the long run you win more.. if the count's +4

aslan

bernmasd said:
what is the true count, i would take insurance only if over 3
When you joke, you are supposed to use a symbol to indicate so :)joker:, :laugh:, :p).

You are joking, aren't you:confused::rolleyes::confused::rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

aslan

bernmasd said:
he of course split it, and said, in the long run you will win much more money from splitting than staying. he had bad cards for both 10 and he lost both bets.(Dead link: http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/editpost.php?do=updatepost&postid=214998#) _More_
what is the true count, i would split tens only if over 3 . . . if the dealer has blackjack

Last edited:
true count

the count was - 0.5 or something like that,
what was more stupid was that the guy was saying that he always split tens and it did bring him much glory in the long run so i did not write the count.
but if the guy was an advantage player, card counter he fooled me as well as the pit boss.

aslan

bernmasd said:
the count was - 0.5 or something like that,
what was more stupid was that the guy was saying that he always split tens and it did bring him much glory in the long run so i did not write the count.
but if the guy was an advantage player, card counter he fooled me as well as the pit boss.
I was just kidding. What is your usual language?

paddywhack

Not that I saw this but I think it fits this category nicely

CalgaryBlackJack said:
I got asked this at the table today by a guy that thinks its impossible to card count for multiple decks.

Brief story of how it went.

I got killed in a 12+TC for 3 decks remaining in a 6 deck game, lost about $30 but I was in shock cause the dealer was making these amazing 20's and 21's left and right.

Finished the shoe and I said out loud "that was suppose to be a pretty damn good shoe..." cause I noticed there was someone else at the table changing their bets and he also lost probably around $400 and he had enough and left.

The next shoe started and the guy on the end said "whats the count?" I told him "i have no idea I didn't start counting as I was still thinking of how unlucky we were in the other shoe".

He told me he counts too but it does you no good in multiple decks.

I told him thats why you have to factor in the true count and play off that.

He laughed and told me do you even know what card counting does?

I told him its to figure out when the deck is rich in face cards cause if the deck is rich in face cards the player has the edge over the house cause we will get black jack easier and the dealer should bust easier.He told me thats only a small bit of it, but then kept his mouth shut.

So the topic whats the definition of card counting if you were to tell someone, Im pretty sure I nailed the nail on the head and the guy was just messing with me. But its good to know someone else's answer.
:laugh:

pit15

I wasn't at the table..

But dealer had blackjack, forgot to look. First base takes 2 cards then dealer remembers to check for blackjack, and she had it.

She goes to collect the bets and some ploppy complains saying it should be a misdeal (all initial cards were dealt correctly). 5 minutes later the issue is resolved, and everyone gets to keep their bets.

lol wut

aslan

bernmasd said:
my native language is turkish.
You write well in English, but I think I was misunderstanding you a bit. Sorry.

Yes, there are some really crazy players at the blackjack tables. If you play long enough you may see almost anything conceivable. I have yet to see anyone double down on a blackjack, but you never know what tomorrow will bring. I wonder if the house would allow him to double down? I'm sure some places would. :laugh:

PS-- I wouldn't be surprised if someone here has an index for this play.