This Stuff Works

I personally think the spread is comfortable you will slowly gain. A bet spread of 1-4 keeps you coming back for more. Anything bigger they kick you out the door. That is my motto for local places.

DonR

sagefr0g said:
i'm just gonna guess and say at least that counter could expect one heck of a wild roller coaster ride as far as how that roll goes up and down, lol.
That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I was never a big fan of roller coaster rides (neither real, nor financial ones). However, they appear to be the only way to beat the game in the long run.

sagefr0g said:
protect your self at all times, keep those hands up, bob & weave, dance, rope that dope.
Easy for you to say that, from the corner. :laugh:

callipygian said:
It depends how good you are at Wonging. Backcounting is probably more obvious than bet spreading, and you'll attract attention if you don't do it well.
I'm not really into backcounting. I understand how powerful it is, but I also understand how difficult it is to do it well. So far, I'm only trying to run away from negative counts, even it's only for a few hands.

payperboy said:
I personally think the spread is comfortable you will slowly gain. A bet spread of 1-4 keeps you coming back for more. Anything bigger they kick you out the door. That is my motto for local places.
I hope you are right. I'm trying to avoid drawing attention (don't we all, lol?) and avoid the wild rides that wider spreading definitely brings. These conservative, narrow spreads, plus wonging out brought me some success in these last few trips. My real goal is just to be on the positive side of breaking even, or as you said, slowly gain. However, I do have my worries of being dead wrong with this approach, though.