UFC Heavyweights Finale

Jack_Black

went snowboarding today instead of getting to go to the fights. My buddies had a seminar/session with Minotauro today!! can't believe it. I found out after the fact.

I know this is hindsight but........

I agree with the kongo but lines were showing something crazy like -500 for him, so I wouldn't have taken that bet.

I knew jon jones was gonna take it. good up and comer vs. a guy who seems like he has no desire to win anymore.

good run for you then, if it came out perfect!

Deathclutch

Jack_Black said:
went snowboarding today instead of getting to go to the fights. My buddies had a seminar/session with Minotauro today!! can't believe it. I found out after the fact.

I know this is hindsight but........

I agree with the kongo but lines were showing something crazy like -500 for him, so I wouldn't have taken that bet.

I knew jon jones was gonna take it. good up and comer vs. a guy who seems like he has no desire to win anymore.

good run for you then, if it came out perfect!
Buentello is one of the worst fighters that gets hype I've ever seen. Kongo was basically a lock, didn't realize it was -500 bad though.

Jack_Black

DAAAAMMNN. I won all my bets!

Took Pellegrino @ -185

Carwin @ +140
This boy has a shot at takin out Brock. What an animal!!

Jon Fitch -155
Easy pick. moved down from light heavyweight to welter.

GSP -525
I know, I know. kinda stupid, but everyone knew it was basically a lock. Of Course GSP couldn't seem to get any locks on Hardy. especially that nasty armbar he got out of. OUCH!! got pretty scared that this fight was going the distance. Oh well, a win is a win.

Deathclutch

Alright I've been slacking on my picks lately. I'm on my phone so I won't get very detailed but I'll throw some picks down for you.

Mizugaki over Yahya

Brown over Gamburyan

Cerrone over Henderson

And the biggest pick Faber over Aldo. This will cause some of you to want to question my ability to complete elementary school but I have faith in Faber and don't think Aldo will like being on his back all night.

Deathclutch

Picks for tonight.

Shogun vs. Machida

I personally can't stand Machida. He is one of my least favorite fighters. I'm also in the minority that thinks he won the last fight. I just have a bad feeling for Shogun although I'd love for him to knock Machida out.

Kimbo Slice vs. Matt Mitrione

I see a big knockout coming from Meathead within the first round.

Jason MacDonald vs. John Salter

One of the UFC's more underrated fighters. I see a sub coming.

Koscheck vs. Daley

This was the hardest fight for me to pick. I have to admit I haven't been watching Daley's fights. I'm making this pick based on Koscheck's crappy striking. People think he's a good striker these days when in all actuality he's terrible. He'll be exposed once he faces a legit striker. Oh, wait, what's Daley again?

Jack_Black

Interesting....I'm takin stun gun too. Rashad huh? So Rashad took out griffin and griffin won over rampage. Yea, I'll take that, at least the odds are just -125 rampage and -105 Rashad

for the record, this is a hard fight to pick, rampage is one of the few people who scares me in the ufc.

Jack_Black

Actually, I take that back. Forgot to notice that rampage is a knockout artist and nothing more. He is kimbo with talent. Just hold him at bay, and watch out for the punches. I thought Rashad was done for when the punches came down on him, but he regained control.

Also, the noguera bet made me piss in my pants it was so close. -675!!!

Also, I hate bisbing

Deathclutch

Jack_Black said:
Actually, I take that back. Forgot to notice that rampage is a knockout artist and nothing more. He is kimbo with talent. Just hold him at bay, and watch out for the punches. I thought Rashad was done for when the punches came down on him, but he regained control.

Also, the noguera bet made me piss in my pants it was so close. -675!!!

Also, I hate bisbing
Rampage isn't that great of a fighter these days. People complain that Rashad was one dimensional in that fight (I think he fought a great fight), but honestly Rampage has forgot how to use foot movement and wrestling. Jaunito messed him up bad. I honestly wasn't very worried about this fight for Rashad.

The Little Nog fight however was a huge surprise, and while that decision was close, I didn't think it was close enough to give to Nog. Stun Gun is a beast but he needs to continue to work on his cardio.

Deathclutch

You've all been waiting so here they are, UFC 115 picks!

Mac Danzig vs. Matt Wiman

A lot of people have given up on Mac and Wiman is definitely a good fighter, but I'm hoping Mac can show us he still has it.

Tyson Griffin vs. Evan Dunham

Tyson Griffin is just way too strong and will dominate this fight from start to finish.

Paulo Thiago vs. Martin Kampmann

Paulo Thiago is taking one of the hardest routes to the title I've ever seen, but I believe he will be choking out Kampmann next.

Mirko Cro Cop vs. Pat Barry

Mirko's best days are behind him and while I'm on too big on Pat Barry I think he'll be able to take this one rather easily.

Chuck Liddell vs. Rich Franklin

My head is telling me Rich Franklin, but stylistically I just don't see Rich beating Chuck. I don't see him finishing Chuck and if it goes to the scorecards I give Chuck's style a larger chance of producing a winner.

Jack_Black

I don't know about Chuck. Ever since he got rocked by Rampage, he hasn't ever been the same since. It's a scientific fact that if you've taken a huge knockout that could've left serious brain damage, your body will now choose to disconnect your brain from the stem more quickly, i.e. knockout, to prevent further damage. that's why it seems that chucky has a glass jaw after the rampage fight. He's not being a wuss, his body just can't take hit to the face anymore. I mean Keith jardine of all people dropped him! I gotta take franklin.

Jack_Black

I didn't have a lot of time to research the fights, so I just took cro cop and franklin to win. I like to review as many fight videos as possible, records, and how they won or lost to make a decision. What a lame main event by the way. It's like they both fell down a notch in terms of striking. Like watching a bad bar brawl. chuck spinning around like a ballerina, and then suddenly getting KO'd by a weak right.

Jack_Black

Strikeforce

what a great card!

Cung Le is so gonna literally kick the crap outta scott that it is not going to be funny. Cung Le completey dominated that last fight only to have smith pull a lucky hook in the last round. I am a bit worried that scott smith has more KOs than cung le, but regardless. I'm sure cung le is completely focused on winning this fight after getting his first and only loss from the lucky hook.

Cyborg all the way, but I hate watching girls fight. plus this fight is booked at -1500 for cyborg. screw that!

Fedor to take it of course!!! I will eat my hat if he doesn't, and you can hold me to it.

Jack_Black

that was a heartbreaking match. I will eat my hat no problem. On the plus side, I also took thomson over healy to win it and got that. 3 outta 4 aint bad.