Weekend Warriors II

sagefr0g

Mimosine said:
i only have CVBJ blueprint, can i make those fancy EV graphs using it or do i need the full version? is blueprint enough to be a WW?
i also have CVCX.
all you really need is a couple of decks of cards to be a WW.
i've no knowledge of cvbj blueprint. does it keep a log? if it keeps a log but doesn't graph stuff you might could export the data to excell and make graphs. Canceler makes some really cool graphs with i believe he uses excell.
i think you'd be interested in Kasi's spread sheet as well. there is one floating around some where for ko. i think you use ko?
jump in play some hands. help us get this war over with lol.

jack.jackson

sagefr0g said:
all you really need is a couple of decks of cards to be a WW.
i've no knowledge of cvbj blueprint. does it keep a log? if it keeps a log but doesn't graph stuff you might could export the data to excell and make graphs. Canceler makes some really cool graphs with i believe he uses excell.
i think you'd be interested in Kasi's spread sheet as well. there is one floating around some where for ko. i think you use ko?
jump in play some hands. help us get this war over with lol.
I dont Mimosine, you might be the only one that can answer your own question.

BTW, Kool!

So far I got

Aslan,SG,Gatherer,JJ,Zen,SOH,MiM,KC

Reserve>Canceller&Kasi

for a 4 on 4 battle.

HI-Rollers vs Weekend Warriors

I can select the team mates if you wish??

If not pick your own posion. HiRoller or Warrior?

Sage maybe you should pick the teams.

jack.jackson

Mimosine said:
I'll play on whatever team using my new secret weapon, UBZ Mimo!
Okay Kool!

I PM Canceller and Im sorry to report that he was Killed in Combat. Rumor has it, that he was hit by a Torpedo while in a Submarine. We will truly miss him.:sad: As soon as Gatherer gets back from his furlough we will begin our battle.

Heres what I got so far. I kind of felt the original members should play together as a team.

Weekend Warrioirs
Aslan,JJ,SG,KC

vs.

The Hi-Roller's
ZG,SOH,Gatherer,MMSN

IF anybody else wants to participate enlist today!

Taking suggestions on Rules and Conditions. All suggestions Welcome!

aslan

jack said:
Okay Kool!

I PM Canceller and Im sorry to report that he was Killed in Combat. Rumor has it, that he was hit by a Torpedo while in a Submarine. We will truly miss him.:sad: As soon as Gatherer gets back from his furlough we will begin our battle.

Heres what I got so far. I kind of felt the original members should play together as a team.

Weekend Warrioirs
Aslan,JJ,SG,KC

vs.

The Hi-Roller's
ZG,SOH,Gatherer,MMSN

I am so out of touch. Did we complete WEWII? I am heading to Vegas for 10 days on Wednesday. I doubt I'll find time to play WEWIII during that time period.

Also, no Reptilians, except Sage, as they use advanced nonhuman methods, including memorization of every card played in eight deck games, true count to the nearest three cards, instant recall of some 360 indexes, and a level 12 count system. That would be an unfair advantage from the get go.

sagefr0g

jack said:
Okay Kool!

Weekend Warrioirs
Aslan,JJ,SG,KC

vs.

The Hi-Roller's
ZG,SOH,Gatherer,MMSN

hey captn is SG really SF? :confused::whip:

jack.jackson

sagefr0g said:
hey captn is SG really SF? :confused::whip:
Ooops! Ya.

Well Aslan, We'll wait until you get back. It should coincide about the time Gatherer returns, In the meantime we'll finish up WW2, so everything should work out perfect. Thanks for letting me know. And Good luck!

sagefr0g

jack said:
Ooops! Ya.

Well Aslan, We'll wait until you get back. It should coincide about the time Gatherer returns, In the meantime we'll finish up WW2, so everything should work out perfect. Thanks for letting me know. And Good luck!

Any openings?

I would like to play in the next weekend warrior competition. Or play this team vs match. I am a newbie but play KO preferred. I have CVBJ. Thanks

jack.jackson

Treydog999 said:
I would like to play in the next weekend warrior competition. Or play this team vs match. I am a newbie but play KO preferred. I have CVBJ. Thanks
Glad to have you. :)You'll be our snipper. Hey commander sage looks like we gotta a new recruit.

Throw in all the hands you want. Were trying to get to 25K and where a little over half way there.

Or you can wait till the next battle. Do you wanna be a Hi-roller or a Warrior?

sagefr0g

jack said:
Glad to have you. :)You'll be our snipper. Hey commander sage looks like we gotta a new recruit.

Throw in all the hands you want. Were trying to get to 25K and where a little over half way there.

Or you can wait till the next battle. Do you wanna be a Hi-roller or a Warrior?
captn jj me thinks treydoggie needs to jump right in there. we need all the fire power we can muster wit private last class aslan runnin for the hills. :gun::devil:
imagine that aslan bailin out on us to play some real game. :p

jack.jackson

sagefr0g said:
captn jj me thinks treydoggie needs to jump right in there. we need all the fire power we can muster wit private last class aslan runnin for the hills. :gun::devil:
By all means, jump on in here treydog. We seem to be getting a few new recruits lately. And maybe a few more. Maybe if we get enough, we can talk Ken into putting a few live tables on the site. That or talk Qfit into making some kind of independent Database Game.

So far we got:

Aslan,JJ,KC,SF,Zen,Mim,Gatherer,SOH,Kasi

Lets shoot for a 5 on 5 battle. Need one more player. Im really gonna need your help to organize this next battle, sage.

Last edited:

aslan

sagefr0g said:
I like my RoR better with you guys! Like St. Paul said, it is with fear and trembling that I must work out the long run, or something like that. So while these trips are enjoyable in some perverse way, I always approach them with a certain amount of trepidation.

Kasi

Mimosine said:
i only have CVBJ blueprint, can i make those fancy EV graphs using it or do i need the full version? is blueprint enough to be a WW?I also have CVCX.
Lot going on here lol.

ZG a Warrior :confused: But :cool: And then some lol.

Sure Mimo - it's for anybody.

My philosophy is the point is to gain confidence in one's counting abilities and be able to to have an idea how "lucky" one maybe is ideally after running one's own (or playing to a posted) sim.

Like if all you know is hands played and dollars won, you may have to play alot of hands to have faith your results are in a normal range.

if you have Norm's stuff, the graphs are nice, the dollar bets are nice, like in the Wise One's graphs but what really matters is how many times did he bet the right amount at the right count kind of thing. If one knows one is doing that, what else can one do? I don't know if Norm's stuff can also measure the accuracy of index departures if one chooses to use them for his sim.

So, I'd say if the Wise One knows he's been making the right bet at the right count a high percentage of the time, he doesn't have to play a huge amount of hands. If so, then he is probably correctly flooring 2.9 counts to 2. And estimating remaining decks either by whole decks or half-decks remaining, whatever he told his sim his assumption was. If so, he knows his results of +2 SD ahead are strictly due to variance and not getting lucky with big bets he shouln't have made or consistently maybe overbetting at a particular TC, etc. So, if he knows that and the next few thousand hands are 2SD down, he knows it's not because he's doing something wrong. If he chooses to go the extra mile and play his N0 number of hands, 34,723, and is 1 SD ahead then, he has even more confidence "luck" likely wasn't the reason. Maybe then he can run another sim for the real world with real money and see what happens. At least he'll know his risk and be able to come home and say - it sucked but it wasn't unusual lol.

The WWII spread is an easy one you only change bets at 2 &3. You never have to worry is it 3.9 or 4 for betting. Changing bets at several different +TC's would be even more of a test of counting abilty, perhaps anyway lol.

So, since a perfect counter has no control over variance, as far as the team vs team stuff goes, what would "winning" mean anyway?

Anyway, get CVDATA to sim whatever assumptions you want to tell it. That's the first step lol.

Then just apply it lol. With CVBJ, cards, or anyway way you want.

Then you're a warrior lol.

Kasi

Treydog999 said:
Why wait - start tomorrow. Find the KO sim somehere in this thread (there is one somewhere right), make sure you understand the assumptions, then post results.

Maybe some KO guy here could review it for you.

I think it's basically like $10, then $15 at +1, $30 at +2 and $50 at 3 or more? Not sure of the finer points - index departures etc.

jack.jackson

5023..........808$

EDIT:5510............1530$

Holding strong on a flat-bet

Actually I would be 280$ up if I were flat-betting

Last edited:

sagefr0g

wonder whats up

jj how'd you upload that image.
i can't upload anything for some reason.
i was trying to upload a jpeg like normal but the system wont accept it.:confused:

jack.jackson

sagefr0g said:
jj how'd you upload that image.
i can't upload anything for some reason.
i was trying to upload a jpeg like normal but the system wont accept it.:confused:
Is that what it is...OMG ive been trying to figure this thing out all day.:laugh: Everything from Defrag to System Restore, to Hiding my folder options.

There appears to be an error with the website. Ken should be addressed.

I finally went to tiny pic http://tinypic.com/?t=postuploadand and uploaded a pix/from there. Then copy there and paste here.

Managing attachment's isnt working on this website. Its not on your end.

Last edited: