Weekend Warriors II

k_c

sagefr0g said:
big number for sure lol.
so but anyway about the big number of shuffles and even bigger numberof rounds and all and where a sim might do not nearly so many shuffles or rounds.
thing is at least there is the idea that there is balanced symmetry to the high and low cards in a deck of cards to begin with and then while any given shuffle may be unique in a whole lot of possible ways it's always just mixing up that symmetry and if it ever gets skewed there is always an equivalent but opposite skewedness possible on a one to one basis. so even though simulations are anectdotal (relatively speaking to the number of possible shuffles) it can be clearly shown that true count frequencies present a normal distribution for an impressive large number of rounds and shuffles.
and then it just seems logical to think or say that say if a shuffle is skewed one way one time that there is no reason to believe an equal and opposite skewed one won't show up sooner or later since it would seem reasonable that the probability of either one happening is equal and one's already happend so why not the other sort of thing. :confused:
so but it seems logical with respect to TC's frequencies and the probabilities of those frequencies presenting that the inhierent symmetry of high and low cards is going to have a guiding influence. to where the law of large numbers what ever that is, is going to play it's part. i guess it's almost as if the equivalent skewedness of what can happen for the symmetry can in an abstract sense be reduced to the idea of a coin flip. to where yep there is a potential for a lot of wierd skewdness to happen but as events happen over time the probability of that wierd skewdness becomes less and less likely. perhaps exponentially so? to where it would be hard to argue against the normal nature that simulations present.
and another thing that i guess would be part of the argument is how we learn basic strategy for instance. it's some number like around 550 plays or so that we typically memorize. so what ever the number it's like there is a limiting factor of how many right ways there are to play a given hand. then i guess if like your program can do is you take the composition state of where your at in the pack then there's a whole lot of more possibilities for the proper play.
but what ever it seems there is a limiting factor regarding playing strategy as well as the limiting factor of likely TC frequencies. that being the case i guess lends a sense of normalcy to what's going to happen even if there are so many potential ways a shuffle can happen. but at least maybe one could say that the large number of various possible shuffles opens up the possibility for a lot of luck.
just babbling on about all this cause it's interesting. :rolleyes:
Don't know exactly what you said but it sure makes sense :grin:;). An exact calculation is as long run as you can get but it is measuring only one situation/moment in time. I don't know how many exact calculation rounds would need to be simmed for WWII conditions in order to present a reasonable facsimile of actual expectations, given the possbilities. Maybe it's only relatively few or maybe it's a whole lot. Perhaps finding some sort of margin of error type parameter like they do in election polls would be the way to go. I'd have no idea how to do that.

SleightOfHand

jack said:
Hows that hi-opt working out for ya? It appears your betting is pretty accurate, while your having a rough time with those min bets. Anyway, keep those hands coming
I was always in the understanding that Hi Opt I > Hi Lo for SD and DD but zg said otherwise, so I started switching to Hi Lo for the last few hundred hands. Either way, I guess I'm a lucky guy :grin:

Attachments

jack.jackson

SleightOfHand said:
I was always in the understanding that Hi Opt I > Hi Lo for SD and DD but zg said otherwise, so I started switching to Hi Lo for the last few hundred hands. Either way, I guess I'm a lucky guy :grin:
I freakin guess so. Ive been using ao2 for almost 15 yrs and you switched to hi-lo yesterday and your smokin me.

Excuse me for a minute, while I go stand in front of a Bus.

SleightOfHand

jack said:
I freakin guess so. Ive been using ao2 for almost 15 yrs and you switched to hi-lo yesterday and your smokin me.

Lol aww dont be hurting yourself due to my few months of practicing on simulations being obviously so much better than your years of RL AP. ;) <3

-Sleight-

Last edited:

sagefr0g

SleightOfHand said:
Lol aww dont be hurting yourself due to my few months of practicing on simulations being obviously so much better than your years of RL AP. ;) <3

-Sleight-
with his luck that bus'll bump him into some nearby joint and a grand'll fall out of his pocket into the betting circle where upon the dealer'll drop a snapper on him. :rolleyes:

aslan

sagefr0g said:
with his luck that bus'll bump him into some nearby joint and a grand'll fall out of his pocket into the betting circle where upon the dealer'll drop a snapper on him. :rolleyes:
Yeah! And I would have gotten that ace if that bus hadn't bumped him smack into the middle of my game, and I had max bet out!! He gets a natural, the dealer gets a QQ, and I get the dealer's six for a J6K bust. :flame:

Attachments

aslan

sagefr0g said:
yup that him all right. i've about had it with :whip::flame:dude:flame::whip:
think i'll out him!
here's jj ====>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYO0Ugqba4c
Bears a striking resemblance to someone I know from somewhere--my butcher? Naw...my starbucks man...no...give me a while...it'll bubble up...so that's the infamous jj....he wasn't dressed so fancy when he hurtled into my game....I thought he was a homeless dude got hit by a bus....was feeling sorry for him....caught that blasted blackjack in my seat...how did he know to bet $1,000---table limit it was....must of been backcounting or somethin I figured---somebody's BP....of all the luck!!

jack.jackson

Theres no way I could ever have any such luck guys. It could be raining $$$ , and I'd get hit with a brick:laugh:

If you really want to know the truth, Im typing this from a hospital bed with a pencil in my mouth, cuz my arm's are in full body casts. The Doctor, said the Bus driver had to at least be goin 50 in a 20MPH Zone. Doc said it must be my unlucky day:laugh: Just kiddin.

aslan

jack said:
Theres no way I could ever have any such luck guys. It could be raining $$$ , and I'd get hit with a brick:laugh:

If you really want to know the truth, Im typing this from a hospital bed with a pencil in my mouth, cuz my arm's are in full body casts. The Doctor, said the Bus driver had to at least be goin 50 in a 20MPH Zone. Doc said it must be my unlucky day:laugh: Just kiddin.
I want my $625---that's $250 max bet plus another $125 for blackjack plus $250 I lost when you accidentally plopped $1,000 down on the spot just before my spot. I would have won $375 but instead lost $250. What a revolting development this turned out to be!

SleightOfHand

jack said:

hahaha. It looks like variance is starting to catch up with me. CVCX says that I'm a little less than 2 standard deviations above the curve. I guess I'll just wait for WWIII and quit while I'm ahead :p Unless it's not coming anytime soon?

Attachments

Last edited:

jack.jackson

WWIII...coming soon

SleightOfHand said:
hahaha. It looks like variance is starting to catch up with me. CVCX says that I'm a little less than 2 standard deviations above the curve. I guess I'll just wait for WWIII and quit while I'm ahead :p Unless it's not coming anytime soon?
As soon as we reach our mission objective of 25K

Perhaps in 3, we could try something new?

I like JJ,SOH,Gatherer,&Canceller, vs KC,Kasi,Sage,&Aslan

We could report in on with a set amount of hands, on certain dates.

I really dont see the other team would be that competive. After-all I hand picked our team:grin:

ZenGrifter and 1 other could join the team as well.

Last edited:

jack.jackson

zengrifter said:
I'll play if someone will run my sim for me. zg
Im not very good at'em, but I'll give it my best shot on one condition! You have to be on my team:grin:

Really tho, I dont understand the change of heart:confused: Tryin to be unpredictable I guess...its the best way to be.

In order for this to work, everyone would have to be a team player.

Kasi, Canceller & Aslan, I believe are already burnt.:confused:

We'll play it by ear tho, and see what happens. Stay tuned!

aslan

jack said:
As soon as we reach our mission objective of 25K

Perhaps in 3, we could try something new?

I like JJ,SOH,Gatherer,&Canceller, vs KC,Kasi,Sage,&Aslan

We could report in on with a set amount of hands, on certain dates.

I really dont see the other team would be that competive. After-all I hand picked our team:grin:

ZenGrifter and 1 other could join the team as well.
I don't think we should say things like WWIII coming soon. I'm hoping we don't see WWIII in our lifetime anyway. Why not say WEWIII coming soon? Please! I know it's a stupid request, but I hate to hear talk about WWIII even if it is out of context. It's like bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb Iran. :(