You can watch the movie 21 on line for free

QFIT said:
Exactly. Which is why you cannot shield yourself from criminal liability by creating a corporation. If you could, then you could murder someone and get away with it. A corporation is not a shield against criminal activity.
Another stupid comparison. When are you going to stop comparing piracy to killing. Nothing a like.

Again it is not a Cooperation's thing to kill. If something is done in business then The cooperation has to be brought to court.

Get the facts right man.

Sonny

GentleManSteve said:
Another stupid comparison. When are you going to stop comparing piracy to killing. Nothing a like.
Both are federal crimes. In terms of law enforcement they are more similar than you believe.

-Sonny-

QFIT

GentleManSteve said:
I was hoping you would bring Enron up cause Enron was no longer a business cause it went out of business and left all the shareholders in the dark. That is why the courts went after them and not after the business. Go back to school on that one.

And I never said a cooperation or Enterprise is shielded by being either one. I said you could not sue an Individual of either one. You have to sue the cooperation or Enterprise.

Man read what I say and quit coming up with all the wall arguments.
I'm sorry but you are completely wrong. You can sue the people in a corporation and you can charge the people in a corporation with crimes. This is common. If five guys get together and create a corporation that makes money by robbing your house, you can file a criminal complaint against the individuals and sue them to recover losses. You do not have to sue the corporation.

As for Enron, Skilling was charged and surrendered to the FBI in early 2004. Enron was in business until late 2006.

Sonny

Okay, this is getting a little ridiculous. There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding in this thread so let me just sum up the facts (confirmed by Qfit):

1) It is illegal to watch a pirated video
2) It is illegal to host a pirated video on your website
3) It is illegal to link to a known pirated video on your website
4) Piracy crimes are taken very seriously and many cases are brought against people who break these laws (intentionally or unintentionally)

That’s really all you need to know. There is no argument that will change the laws that are already in place. It doesn't make a difference if you are a member of a corporation, the law is still the law and you can't escape it or hide from it.

-Sonny-

QFIT said:
I'm sorry but you are completely wrong. You can sue the people in a corporation and you can charge the people in a corporation with crimes. This is common. If five guys get together and create a corporation that makes money by robbing your house, you can file a criminal complaint against the individuals and sue them to recover losses. You do not have to sue the corporation.

As for Enron, Skilling was charged and surrendered to the FBI in early 2004. Enron was in business until late 2006.
Again it isn't what a corporation is in business for.

Let me explain in Kindergarten language.

Lets say you walk into a restaurant and the waitress spills Hot coffee on you. You do not sue the Waitress you sue the restaurant.

Because you as the that sued has to bring forth the charges and not the courts.

Now if you go into the same restaurant and the waitress shoots you then the law will handle that. Not the one that got shot.

One requires that you sue and that other the law takes charge of.

I hope you are smart enough to see the difference

Sonny said:
Okay, this is getting a little ridiculous. There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding in this thread so let me just sum up the facts (confirmed by Qfit):

1) It is illegal to watch a pirated video
2) It is illegal to host a pirated video on your website
3) It is illegal to link to a known pirated video on your website
4) Piracy crimes are taken very seriously and many cases are brought against people who break these laws (intentionally or unintentionally)

That’s really all you need to know. There is no argument that will change the laws that are already in place. It doesn't make a difference if you are a member of a corporation, the law is still the law and you can't escape it or hide from it.

-Sonny-
Again I never said piracy was legal. I just posted possibilities why other could be doing wrong. Like Google or search engines.

If it is illegal to link then them search engines link in a all about way. Either way if linking is wrong then the search engines are in the wrong also

QFIT

GentleManSteve said:
Again it isn't what a corporation is in business for.

Let me explain in Kindergarten language.

Lets say you walk into a restaurant and the waitress spills Hot coffee on you. You do not sue the Waitress you sue the restaurant.

Because you as the that sued has to bring forth the charges and not the courts.

Now if you go into the same restaurant and the waitress shoots you then the law will handle that. Not the one that got shot.

One requires that you sue and that other the law takes charge of.

I hope you are smart enough to see the difference

1.There is no need for using such insulting language.

2. If the waitress purposely spills hot coffee on you, then you can certainly go after her personally.

3. You seem to have the belief that creating a corporation somehow shields you from criminal prosecution or civil liability. You are wrong. If you commit crimes you can be prosecuted and sued.

QFIT said:
1.There is no need for using such insulting language.

2. If the waitress purposely spills hot coffee on you, then you can certainly go after her personally.

3. You seem to have the belief that creating a corporation somehow shields you from criminal prosecution or civil liability. You are wrong. If you commit crimes you can be prosecuted and sued.
QFIT said:
You seem to have the belief that creating a corporation somehow shields you from criminal prosecution or civil liability. You are wrong. If you commit crimes you can be prosecuted and sued.
No that is your interpretation of what I been saying. I never said it shields any body.

If you make a company a cooperation then you have to sue the company not the Individual.

Why?

Cause Copyright holders have to sue. It is up to the copyright holders to sue. If charges go forth without the copyright holders say so they file charges as conspiracy to commit and not a sure out crime

Sonny

I think you are confusing criminal charges and civil charges. They are two different things.

GentleManSteve said:
Technically you could sue either (or both) depending on the charges. If it was done intentionally then you could press legal charges against the waitress and sue her (and perhaps the restaurant as well) for civil charges.

GentleManSteve said:
Now if you go into the same restaurant and the waitress shoots you then the law will handle that.
The law only handles the criminal charges, not the civil charges. If you are dead (presumably) then you cannot sue at all so one of your family members will have to sue in your behalf. Again, they could sue the waitress, the restaurant or both.

In both cases there may be several criminal and civil charges filed against any of the parties involved. The appropriate law enforcement department will handle the criminal charges and you (or someone on your behalf) will have to handle the civil charges.

-Sonny-

QFIT

GentleManSteve said:
If you make a company a cooperation then you have to sue the company not the Individual.
Absolute nonsense. There ain't any such law. Every day thousands of lawsuits are filed which include both corporations and individuals within the corporations. You claimed that if you were going to commit piracy, you would "protect" yourself by forming an "enterprise." No, if you are a criminal then you face criminal charges. In no way can you form a legal entity to protect yourself from prosecution. This would make a joke of the law.

Further, copyright holders do NOT have to sue. They can file a DMCA complaint. If the criminals do not immediately halt their crime, then they are subject to criminal action. There is no need for a suit. I have done this many times. In fact, the last time I did this was two weeks ago.

QFIT

Sonny said:
Technically you could sue either (or both) depending on the charges. If it was done intentionally then you could press legal charges against the waitress and sue her (and perhaps the restaurant as well) for civil charges.
Exactly. And if the waitress was drunk, and she got drunk drinking shots at the restaurant, you can sue the restaurant, the waitress, the manager and the bartender.

But this is still an accident. We were talking about a company that purposely steals from copyright holders. An organization purposely formed to commit crimes. In that case, you can sue the company and the employees and investors. And they can all face criminal charges. In the US they might even face RICO charges under USC Title 18.

Interesting to note in the Enron case that even the members of the board of directors paid heavy penalties. They were not even employees of the corporation. They are simply employees of the shareholders. But they were charged with overseeing the corporation and paid for it personally.

QFIT said:
Absolute nonsense. There ain't any such law. Every day thousands of lawsuits are filed which include both corporations and individuals within the corporations. You claimed that if you were going to commit piracy, you would "protect" yourself by forming an "enterprise." No, if you are a criminal then you face criminal charges. In no way can you form a legal entity to protect yourself from prosecution. This would make a joke of the law.

Further, copyright holders do NOT have to sue. They can file a DMCA complaint. If the criminals do not immediately halt their crime, then they are subject to criminal action. There is no need for a suit. I have done this many times. In fact, the last time I did this was two weeks ago.
Again talking about suing. Not Criminal stuff. It is like I am talking to abunch of first graders.

If you break copyright then the copyright holder has to press charges if they do not and charges are pressed by the courts They do not charge them with the full crime they charge them with smaller crimes like conspiracy to commit a crime and either have them shut down are pay restitution for what they had done.

Get off the crime bid and look at suing Individuals of a Cooporation.

Suing My friends not criminal stuff.

MJ1

Here is a post from E-Knight on this issue: (Dead link: http://www.watch-movies.net/movies/the_chronicles_of_narnia_prince_caspian/)

"What the film companies don't seem to get, is that these uploads are actually free promotion for their movies. People who often see them online will go out and get the DVDs when they come out, just because they enjoyed the low-quality versions they saw online so much that they wanted to see a good quality version. There are people who either can't afford to go to theaters, because the prices have become so outrageous, or they can't go to theaters, because they are homebound or otherwise limited.. people like me, who are disabled, and have to wait until movies come out on DVD.. I know I have seen many movies on this site that have prompted me to go out and get the DVDs when they are released to the local video stores. Film companies don't get it.. you are shooting yourselves in the foot. People who like to and are able to go to theaters will go to theaters.. usually, that is, and the loss in revenue is actually nominal, because the people who view online are not, typically, the ones who frequent movie theaters, but are video renters and buyers. The quality on most of these posts is not very good, but will give people a taste for the DVDs, much like a sample in the grocery stores promotes sales of products. Get a clue and a heart. Pulling these uploaded versions is not going to put theater ticket revenues in you pockets, but may hurt your DVD sales, because these uploads actually promote the DVD rentals and sales of your movies. I know I, and other people get the DVDs and look for the extras on the DVDs, because we have seen the movies online and we are encouraged to get the videos we so enjoyed viewing online. This is a matter of basic marketing principles.. Marketing 101! Pulling the free posts off the Internet, only serves to put money in the pocket of those Pay-to-view-online sites who post the new movies, which I refuse to use. No one is making money from these free online versions, but it is giving your films free advertising and promotion. Get a clue"!

Just some food for thought... :grin:

QFIT

GentleManSteve said:
Again talking about suing. Not Criminal stuff. It is like I am talking to abunch of first graders.

If you break copyright then the copyright holder has to press charges if they do not and charges are pressed by the courts They do not charge them with the full crime they charge them with smaller crimes like conspiracy to commit a crime and either have them shut down are pay restitution for what they had done.

Get off the crime bid and look at suing Individuals of a Cooporation.

Suing My friends not criminal stuff.
1. Conspiracy is normally a worse crime, not a lesser crime. In fact conspiracy to commit a misdemeanor is a felony.
2. Once again, NO PERSON EVER PRESSES CHARGES. Charges are pressed by the state. You do not understand simple jurisprudence.
3. I warned you about the churlish insults. First graders is too much. These posts are not worthy of further response and I will not read any more of your posts.

MJ1 said:
Here is a post from somebody on (Dead link: http://www.watch-movies.net:) _www.watch-movies.net:_

"What the film companies don't seem to get, is that these uploads are actually free promotion for their movies. People who often see them online will go out and get the DVDs when they come out, just because they enjoyed the low-quality versions they saw online so much that they wanted to see a good quality version. There are people who either can't afford to go to theaters, because the prices have become so outrageous, or they can't go to theaters, because they are homebound or otherwise limited.. people like me, who are disabled, and have to wait until movies come out on DVD.. I know I have seen many movies on this site that have prompted me to go out and get the DVDs when they are released to the local video stores. Film companies don't get it.. you are shooting yourselves in the foot. People who like to and are able to go to theaters will go to theaters.. usually, that is, and the loss in revenue is actually nominal, because the people who view online are not, typically, the ones who frequent movie theaters, but are video renters and buyers. The quality on most of these posts is not very good, but will give people a taste for the DVDs, much like a sample in the grocery stores promotes sales of products. Get a clue and a heart. Pulling these uploaded versions is not going to put theater ticket revenues in you pockets, but may hurt your DVD sales, because these uploads actually promote the DVD rentals and sales of your movies. I know I, and other people get the DVDs and look for the extras on the DVDs, because we have seen the movies online and we are encouraged to get the videos we so enjoyed viewing online. This is a matter of basic marketing principles.. Marketing 101! Pulling the free posts off the Internet, only serves to put money in the pocket of those Pay-to-view-online sites who post the new movies, which I refuse to use. No one is making money from these free online versions, but it is giving your films free advertising and promotion. Get a clue"!
I second that opinion - especially because unlike music (and) sharing,
video quality is generally pretty poor at these sites. So it IS good promo.

Notwithstanding, expect a crackdown o n this ILLEGAL activity. zg

QFIT

MJ1 said:
Here is a post from somebody on (Dead link: http://www.watch-movies.net:)

Just some food for thought...:grin:
Criminals always have some twisted logic for their theft. This is as lame as it gets. Advertising methods are up to the owners of their works, not thieves. I spend a significant amount of time every day fighting these criminals. That is time I could spend improving my Blackjack software or creating new software. I need to build into my products piracy evasions. It causes my users inconveniences. I had to raise my prices for honest people to make up for the criminals. Piracy became so bad at one point I stopped all updates to my Blackjack software for over a year. These people harm everyone because they believe in some Communist ideal where everything is free. Of course they expect to be paid for their work. It simply doesn't work that way.

MJ1 said:
Here is a post from somebody on (Dead link: http://www.watch-movies.net:)

Just some food for thought...:grin:
This is something that The actor I seen on David Letterman said also. Some of the film Industries Look a this like free advertising. That is one issue he touched on and said the Film Industries look for this to happen.

Still do not think it is right though. Either way if they can afford to get the DVD then why not wait.

But over all I think the Film Industries look for this to happen and look at it like free advertising or free problisity

QFIT said:
Criminals always have some twisted logic for their theft. This is as lame as it gets. Advertising methods are up to the owners of their works, not thieves. I spend a significant amount of time every day fighting these criminals. That is time I could spend improving my Blackjack software or creating new software. I need to build into my products piracy evasions. It causes my users inconveniences. I had to raise my prices for honest people to make up for the criminals. Piracy became so bad at one point I stopped all updates to my Blackjack software for over a year. These people harm everyone because they believe in some Communist ideal where everything is free. Of course they expect to be paid for their work. It simply doesn't work that way.
Its good promotion Norm - you'll see - I just blasted CV software across
the file-sharing universe - now you'll see some real sales!! zg

QFIT said:
Maybe have a thing that if they put a wrong passcode it would do something bad to their computer if they didn't get the right passcode before shutting the comeputer down. Have that written in your legal stuff when they install it

QFIT

zengrifter said:
Its good promotion Norm - you'll see - I just blasted CV software across
the file-sharing universe - now you'll see some real sales!! zg
ZG this really is no joke to me. These bastards have caused me incredible problems. I have spent huge amounts of time and money fighting these criminals. I have had to block off entire countries from access to my sites. Some have even inserted viruses into copies of my software before spreading it seriously damaging my reputation. A significant percentage of these downloads contain trojans that convert your PC into SPAM machines or force constant advertising popups. I have to spend hours trying to disinfect machines. If you did in fact just put the free copies of my software that I gave you across the file-sharing universe, then you may have ended future updates.