New to sims. Are these results accurate?

Lonesome Gambler

I recently purchased CVCX and I wanted to make sure that I'm running this sim correctly. I was a bit surprised by the results and wanted to make sure that I haven't made any mistakes before proceeding. Here are the details:

5D (3.5/5) (so I've been told; will check for accuracy)
S17 DAS RSA $5/250
BR: $5000

Using CVCX, it seems that I can get away with playing $10 units with a 1-2x7 spread, as long as I Wong in at +1 and Wong out at -1, while still keeping my RoR at around 11%. And my win rate is over $20/hr? I've attached the sim below; maybe there are some thoughts on this. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Lonesome Gambler

It's on a boat. A friend asked a dealer, who responded that they were using 5 decks. Odd, I know. What I'm wondering mostly is if these results seem accurate given the conditions I've listed. I'm new to running sims and just wanted to make sure that I'm using the functions correctly. Thanks!

non-self-weighter

It's correct. You should run the sim for more hands though. I ran the sim for a billion hands, which is the minimum I use to do a quick sim. My numbers are similar, but the standard error is much lower, $0.21 compared to $0.92.

I have your win rate at $23.22 and risk of ruin at 11.7%, meh. I guess it depends how accurate you want the sim to be.

BTW, I usually uncheck "manually adjust min bet" and I adjust the bet ramp by using the Kelly Factor. That helps me stay close to Kelly Betting (I use half-Kelly), and I may adjust the Custom Bets to see how that affects the results.

Have fun!

Kasi

Lonesome Gambler said:
New to sims. Are these results accurate? ....
I recently purchased CVCX and I wanted to make sure that I'm running this sim correctly. .
Well, I imagine the results are accurate enough - what I'd like to focus on a little is understanding what they mean. Just for my own understanding since I don't have the product.

Like, I'm used to maybe the "W/L%" times avg $ bet would equal $won per round. Yet the $29.27 bet times 1.374% doesn't equal "$0.29 per "hand"". Or "round" if that's what "hand" means in this case.

Does the "W/L%" when spreading mean win% per initial hand or initial round?

Does 80 "hands" per hour mean mean 80 "rounds" per hour when spreading?

If back-counting here, on your first picture, what does that 52.6% mean?

I thought maybe it meant one plays 52.6% of every 100 "hands" dealt, actually maybe every 100 "hands or rounds" "seen", not sure, if wonging-out/back-counting.

So, if one plays 52.6% of all "hands" or maybe "rounds" seen, and "plays"?, or is it ""sees" 80 "rounds", unless it's "hands", per hour, then why is the $win per hour of $29.30ish per hand 80 times the the per hand rate. It would seem to imply one plays every hand of all 80 hands? Or is it some "avg win" per hand given 80 hands/hr?

Like if SD is $50.68 per "hand", then the only way I can get to $328.80/hr is assume one plays 52.6% of 80 hands seen=42.08 physical hands played. And sqrt(42.06)*50.68=$375.76 - close enough maybe. Or is the $50.68 also some kind of avg/hand or round based on 80/hr?

Yet in non self-weighter's more or less identical sim? he gets a SD per hand of $43.19 yet gets same SD per "hour". Why is that - seems like a big difference given all else is so much the same? At least a big difference if I apply the same methodolgy to both "SD/hd" results. Which means to mean I'm probably doing something wrong lol.

Not to mention why the frequencies add up to 100% while, obviously one will not be playing all hands seen. That, maybe I can deal with though lol.

Guess what I'd really like to know is what is my $win rate per physical round played? It just doesn't seem like it could be $0.29 and, if I only played 2 rounds, my EV would be $0.58? Or not?

If I play this way at 100 hds/hr vs 80 am I still winning $0.29 per round and therefore $29.90 per hour or am I still winning $23/hour and, apparently, only 23 cents per round now?

I'm sure it's all accurate enough but I admit to problems of understanding what it all exactly means especially in these spreading, wonging-out/back-counting scenarios lol.

Not to mention, does N0 mean physical rounds played or assume 80/hr kind of thing lol.

I don't have the product so any confusion on my part is all on me lol.

Maybe the emphasis is on "hourly" stuff which makes sense for the best use of one's money but, what, me personally, would rather know is my win rate per and SD per physical round played. And N0 assuming physical rounds played.

Whatever, to Lonesome Gambler or anyone, understand what you are looking at so you can relate your results to your sim lol.