Red7 Adv. 10vs10 RC >= 4:S ?

I'm a little confused. BBIB says that the adv. Red7 indices tell you to Stand when the RC is the required value rather than perform the BS play e.g. Stand on 12 vs. 2 when RC >= 4.

However, the indices in the book also gives a +4 for 10 vs. 10 & A and -4 for 11 vs. A. Going by the definition in the book, this would indicate a Stand, however, my gut feel is that this would be an incorrect play and I should double instead.

Can anyone confirm this. Note that Easy Red says Double with 10 vs. 10 on +2.

In addition, I also think that in European No Hole, I should not double in any case due to the probability of doubling against a potential natural. Am I correct in my assumtions?

Thanks in advance and regards

Laurence.

Canceler

With indices you often have to figure out for yourself what they mean. Let’s think about 10 vs. T at +4, for example.

Hit: Hitting is basic strategy, and we know we’re supposed to something else, so that’s out.

Stand: Standing against a T when we can’t bust would be crazy, so that’s out.

Split: The index would have been stated as “5,5 vs. T” then, and splitting 5s would be silly anyway, so that’s out.

Double: Aside from being the only choice left, at a higher count you’re more likely to get a T or A on your double, so this is the one that makes sense.

Instead of making the basic strategy play, you do whatever else makes the most sense.