Recent content by IcyM

  1. I

    heads up 1 h vs. 2 hands

    I'm not a seasoned vet like some of the posters on this forum, but I would recommend if you are switching back and fourth between 1 and 2 hands and it looks normal(IE you're not bringing heat), make sure to take into consideration the penetration and it's cutoff so if the end of the shoe or...
  2. I

    Question on comps

    In reference to this, I asked my question just to be less ignorant of the matter. I know how my regular store handles comps, but I don't have deeper knowledge of others and what action they need. I would never augment my betting to score a comp specifically. But knowing what action most casinos...
  3. I

    Question on comps

    How much action is needed in most places for good comp consideration? I sent you a PM also flying.
  4. I

    1st backoff

    It was not; this was a new store I figured I'd try out. The confusing part, for me, is that my play here I would say is no different than play I use else where. The store I usually go to, I probably have 60 hours of play there, and haven't felt any heat. If my play I would say is...
  5. I

    1st backoff

    As title says. Been playing a few different stores lately, trying some newer ones out and the such. Played yesterday at the 1 for the first time, made 40 units over an hour or so and left. Sensed no heat and no sweat. Only time I felt any 'heat' was when I colored up and I left the table a...
  6. I

    Oh how mean

    Is that a standard consensus? If it is, I haven't been abiding by it :o I'm not playing crazy-high limits and was under the impression spreading light (1-4) would be totally fine. Everyone varies their bets at some point, that is why a casino can't just mass bar everyone who doesn't flat bet...
  7. I

    Oh how mean

    Playing at a new store today, DD more specifically. 2 of us were at this table, and I went to the bathroom during the shuffle. I come back during the first hand of the new shuffle, and look at a guy who has 3 split hands out, and hitting his 3rd. I'm staring down no paint or aces; the dealer has...
  8. I

    About 3rd-base(+story)

    Yep advice is always welcome! As far as playing the wheel, it was just something I figured couldn't hurt; and I never play it normally so it wasn't going to ruin my day as I knew I wouldn't be there for more than 2 or so spins. Today was a good day playing; I played for a few hours, and...
  9. I

    About 3rd-base(+story)

    :) I usually play odd-hours, so I don't want to give the impression the whole casino was jammed; by the tables maxed out, I mean both DD games full, and the not-crazy-high-minimum-shoes were also full. All in all, maybe 4 tables maxed, as it wasn't mid-day on a weekend. And about that rule...
  10. I

    About 3rd-base(+story)

    Try seeing the difference in a DD dealt down game from 3rd base to 1st base. You might see up to 6-14 extra cards, which more accurately is used to establish your TC, which affects the play you make in the hand. Again, 3rd base is important. I'm not sure I see eye-to-eye as making a...
  11. I

    About 3rd-base(+story)

    Blah. I just had a long post typed 95% to finish, and accidentally bumped the back-button hotkey on my mouse. Now I have to type this out again :X I like to play DD at the store I go to. 2nd and 3rd base were taken by a couple when I arrived, and taking the seat between them would be weird. I...
  12. I

    1 to 4 units

    Spreads I think it is a common misconception to think a conservative spread is detrimental to the point of being dis-advantageous; I'm pretty fresh and not a black-chipper but I had the privilege recently of looking over some of Snyder's older reports, and seeing the difference even from a flat...
Back
Top