1-6 spread on 6-deck

Someone I know is trying to double $15,000 with a 25-150 spread. simply because of the "100 maximum bet bankroll rule"

using KO I would guess many would call this spread tooo small.

any opinions?

I believe they chose 25 as min. rather than 15 to merit room and food comps to save money on travel costs. As far as I know it hasn't been going to well, they refused to alter bet sizing as the bankroll shrank well below $9,000 then $4,000 saying the RoR was still 95% because thats what they started with.

Strange stuff. thoughts?

SleightOfHand

meteomonk said:
Someone I know is trying to double $15,000 with a 25-150 spread. simply because of the "100 maximum bet bankroll rule"

any opinions?

I believe they chose 25 as min. rather than 15 to merit room and food comps to save money on travel costs. As far as I know it hasn't been going to well, they refused to alter bet sizing as the bankroll shrank well below $9,000 then $4,000 saying the RoR was still 95% because thats what they started with.

Strange stuff. thoughts?
On the contrary. If anything, I think he needs more money. With his current BR, he probably has a 5% RoR, depending on rules/pen

Last edited:

White Guy

The reason for a bigger spread mainly is so you can bet less when you don't have an advantage. The ideal spread would be 0-$150. Basically he is overbetting in lower counts thus making his ROR higher. He could lower his ROR by wonging in and out at tc<+1. That way he is not betting without an advantage and getting the benefits from a bigger spread. I would probably lower my bets if I was in that situation only if I was reliant on the money and couldn't replenish it.

kewljason

meteomonk said:

any opinions?

Strange stuff. thoughts?
you didn't specify the rules of exact rules of the game or penetration, but assuming its generic east coast type rules and assuming decent penetration, a 1-6 spread will only give you about a break even game (maybe slightly better) in play all situation. As white guy suggusted, your friend would need to wong out of negative counts to have a decent advantage.

That being said, If his original $15,000 BR is now down to $4000, he has little more than 25 max bets remaining and if he doesn't resize is now playing with a very high RoR.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3273

1-6 spread

Can we not just answer the threat with the fact that a spread for the decks he plays is far too small to get any decent advantage.

Next chapter

:whip:

SleightOfHand

Disagree

Barkingstork said:
Can we not just answer the threat with the fact that a spread for the decks he plays is far too small to get any decent advantage.

Next chapter

:whip:
With wonging, spreading 1:6 will give him a decent enough advantage to play (assuming rules are not awful).

kewljason

I agree completely sleight, unless barkingstorks defination of decent advantage is different from ours. Maybe he's looking for a bigger advantage.

SleightOfHand said:
With wonging, spreading 1:6 will give him a decent enough advantage to play (assuming rules are not awful).
I agree, as long as you are not playing a lot of negative counts 1:6 is fine, again assuming decent rules and pen.

But the fellow's ideas about RoR are absolutely false and if he believes this he doesn't have a good enough understanding of the math to be a likely candidate to make money. Maybe you can send him here and we can disabuse him. (Or just abuse him if he is into that.)

EasyRhino

RoR was never as low at 5% is the main problem.

a 6x spread in 6d would be suitable if you were just playing for comps, not for winnings.

Hell, just today my spread topped out at 14x. In a double deck game. Tell your friend to start backcounting, and drop his max bet to $50... and he might not go broke.

moo321

Tell him to split his money up among several good counters on this site, and we'll double it for him. MUCH better chance than he has doing what he's doing.

Last edited:

Kasi

meteomonk said:
Strange stuff. thoughts?
Just my usual minority heresy lol.

Go crazy and do the same whatever it is they actually may be doing with a $14900 roll after they buy a sim so they can answer all these questions before they play :)

EasyRhino

Mimosine said:
what DD game are you spreading to 14x at? can I come sit next to you when you play! :laugh: I'll buy gas!
To be fair, this is me we're talking about, so this is really just a milepost on the highway of my inevitable barring. But since the game's not that good, no real loss.

Mimosine

EasyRhino said:
. But since the game's not that good, no real loss.
cheers to that!

I'm hoping 2009 is my year of burning the crappy games i've been playing too much. I can now get a decent spread and would like to take a run at a few of these places more aggressively.

Though over new years I was playing one of the worst 6D games possible, and kept spanking this place, but they didn't seem to care so good for me! $1100 in 90 minutes!