2 Deck True Count for a Level 1 Count

Deathclutch

I posted in the Mentor thread, but it probably won't be seen at the end of the thread, so I'll repost.

Is the Mentor 2 deck true count strategy a viable option for a level 1 count?

At first glance I don't see why it couldn't improve the accuracy of the index plays, but when I try to run sims between the two, the 1DTC consistently outperforms the 2DTC. Both have optimal bet spreads, and index plays optimized for their truing strategy.

Friendo

No reason it wouldn't work well.

Make sure your true-count conversion numbers are set correctly, and that you really have computed the playing indices properly: these should be roughly twice the index numbers for the 1DTC conversion method.

Deathclutch

Thanks guys, that's pretty much what I thougt. My indices are roughly 2x on the 2DTC. Not sure where I'm going wrong. Back to the drawing board.

AussiePlayer

How many hands are you running on the sim? You're effectively moving you index numbers +/-1 between the two sims with all else being equal, it is going to take an enormous amount of hands to show a difference between two very similar strategies.

BJgenius007

AussiePlayer said:
How many hands are you running on the sim? You're effectively moving you index numbers +/-1 between the two sims with all else being equal, it is going to take an enormous amount of hands to show a difference between two very similar strategies.
I have run a BJ simulator with one million hands dealt and got different results some times. But if I run the same simulator ten million hands, I will always get the same result.

So ten millions repetitions is recommended and one million repetitions is not acceptable for any Blackjack simulator in my opinion.

AussiePlayer

BJgenius007 said:
I have run a BJ simulator with one million hands dealt and got different results some times. But if I run the same simulator ten million hands, I will always get the same result.

So ten millions repetitions is recommended and one million repetitions is not acceptable for any Blackjack simulator in my opinion.
I disagree, that may show some reasonably accurate results if you're simulating 2 different counts at the same game, or the same count with 2 different games.

However, using the same count with the same game with the only difference being the TC divisor, you would need hundreds of millions, if not billions of hands to show accurate results.

Deathclutch

AussiePlayer said:
5 billion. And the 2DTC loses (slightly) every single time.

Edit: I have also created the indices twice to verify they were correct and they came out correct.

Last edited: