2 deck vs. 6 deck

Dopple

Seems like there is a world of difference between these two. Why have I been in a six deck daze for so many years. Two keeps you hoping all the time and you can take advantage every five minutes. You also have a ton of opportunity to use index calls. More than the simple percent advantage difference there is an enormous amount of opportunity for an AP.

Two was rare where I come from but now I am hooked on it. Almost fun.

You could probably start to get a feel for average decks remaining just based on the number of players making adjustments for few or many hits. Some person had a method of counting played cards using the alphabet but it was too much for my little head.

21forme

One of the places you probably play doesn't use a cut card. Just be careful of the penetration and the possibility of preferential shuffling.

FLASH1296

Important Caveat

Using a cut card in a DD game brings its own problem.

It is NOT preferred because of the dread "Cut Card Effect"

In brief, placing a cut card in the 2 decks creates a scenario where you get to play one or more LESS hands when the composition of the remaining cards is favorable AND one or more EXTRA hands when the opposite situation occurs.

Your advantage rises as many small cards are played and drops as many Aces and Faces are played. When the former occurs you gain an advantage but you get to that cut card faster. As big cards are played there is a tendency for the average hand to drop from the 2.7 (mean cards per hand) - resulting in a slower approach to the cut card as the cards become more unfavorable.

This is NOT a trivial issue. Think about it.