golfnut101
Well-Known Member
If you were able to peek at bottom card of deck after hands were distributed, would it give a player any worthwhile advantage ?
thnx in advance
thnx in advance
If you were able to peek at bottom card of deck after hands were distributed, would it give a player any worthwhile advantage ?
thnx in advance
What if you play all spots and calculate the odds based upon what you have and what the dealer could have?
It might help a lil bit in Let it Ride.If you are staring at a broken straight flush and you know the card you need is out of play.
If you were able to peek at bottom card of deck after hands were distributed, would it give a player any worthwhile advantage ?thnx in advance
I think even if you saw the hands of every other player at a full table you'd still be playing with a disadvantage albeit a reduced one.
But if you find a sloppy dealer, jump on it heavy.
There's some level at which let it ride becomes beatable, but you'd have to be obviously showing each other your cards, and I believe it requires a difficult strategy.
Have you ever seen a casino that allows that? I haven't.
Let me first start by saying that I think the strategy for everyone is that if you do not have a Queen or higher, don't play the hand. That is what the dealer had said and the other woman next to me so I bought it.
Say you are playing at a full table and you put your 2 bets on the pair plus and the ante. You get dealt a J 8 7...Pretty shitty in everyones opinion I would believe and you would just throw your cards in. But if you get to make your decision based upon being able to see 15 more cards from the other players, I believe it would make for better decision making and lower the house edge. For example if everyone happens to get high cards then your % chance of winning may be better off than just throwing the cards away.
Although if the house edge is already calculated on whether you see the hands of other players than I guess it won't lower it, but I'm thinking its just like blackjack...the more cards you see, the better off you are.
Pretty much, it's all about how the H.E. is calculated...If it's based upon using the Queen as a pivot than you can lower the edge. Again, I might just be talking crazy.
I doubt it would affect the house edge much. Quick, someone do a computer analysis!
Or read Grosjean's book.![]()
-Sonny-
You should stay with a Q-6-4. Unless you see one or more dealer cards and it beats your hi card.
Say you had a $5 bet and a $5 pair plus bet out. You are dealt J-9-7.
You are playing with five players and each shows you their hand.You've already lost the $5 pair plus bet so knowing what your tablemates has doesn't effect that.Now you want to know if you should risk another $5 to find out if the dealer has a pair,straight,flush or a higher card.
I don't think you can gain enough info from 15 other cards to make this decision worthwhile.I think you'd be better off funding your next hand with the $5 than staying in.
You should stay with a Q-6-4. Unless you see one or more dealer cards and it beats your hi card.
Say you had a $5 bet and a $5 pair plus bet out. You are dealt J-9-7.
You are playing with five players and each shows you their hand.You've already lost the $5 pair plus bet so knowing what your tablemates has doesn't effect that.Now you want to know if you should risk another $5 to find out if the dealer has a pair,straight,flush or a higher card.
I don't think you can gain enough info from 15 other cards to make this decision worthwhile.I think you'd be better off funding your next hand with the $5 than staying in.