3CP HC Strategy

apex

Could someone please post or PM me the strategy changes when you see one dealer card? I know enough to fold if I see a King when I have Q high, but if I see a 10 or lower should I be staying with a Jack high?

Thanks

apex said:
Could someone please post or PM me the strategy changes when you see one dealer card? I know enough to fold if I see a King when I have Q high, but if I see a 10 or lower should I be staying with a Jack high?
First PM me and tell me where the game is. Thanks. zg

apex

Thanks!

Thanks! I looked around and couldn't find it. I almost bought Beyond Counting today. Will probably buy it next time I find something to get excited about:cool2:

There is a variation in one my local shops on 3cp, the dealer turns his last card up. You also have to double the ante to play. Quite hard to get a seat on the table (there is only one table dealing, the rest are normal 3cp+pairplus+prime), as the Chinese are mad for it.

The Chaperone

acepembs said:
There is a variation in one my local shops on 3cp, the dealer turns his last card up. You also have to double the ante to play. Quite hard to get a seat on the table (there is only one table dealing, the rest are normal 3cp+pairplus+prime), as the Chinese are mad for it.
When you say 'double the ante' you mean if you bet $10 on the ante, you can only bet $5 on the play bet? Or do you just mean you have to double the table minimum and then the game goes on as normal.

NightStalker

IMO, This game has higher edge than normal 3cp

acepembs said:
I mean, you put down a £5 ante, you have to play £10 if you want to face-off the dealer.
What are the ante payouts?

You probably needs stronger hand >Q64 to play basic..

Eyeballing strategy:
Junk: Fold always. With one known small card, dealer has 65% probabiliy to qualify
Q/k: If better than dealer
Ace: Always, 9kicker against ave..

I doubt if you have an edge with one known card..

Sonny

acepembs said:
There is a variation in one my local shops on 3cp, the dealer turns his last card up.
That sounds similar to some of the "bastard" 3CP games we have here in California. The payouts are changed significantly in order to maintain a healthy house advantage. Keep an eye on when the players gets paid as well as how much. He is likely getting paid less often then he would in a standard 3CP game.

-Sonny-

Was there last night, managed to get the rules:

Dealer needs Q to qualify.
If Dealer doesn't qualify, only pairs or higher get the raise back, if not, your ante is returned, but you lose the raise. So if you raise on Ace high, but dealer doesn't qualify, you lose the raise. The dealer I spoke to says that this is the killer in the game, otherwise it would be a great game.