8D DOA DAS

I have been studying Hi-Lo along with indices. I would like to know what sort techniques could be used in the following conditions and whether this game is beatable. The condidtions are as follows: 8D, DOA, DAS, Split up to three hands, 80% pen.

Case 1: wong in at +1

wong out at -1

spread 1-10

Case 2: start fresh shoe

wong out at -1

spread 1-10

Another question I have is that I have noticed people talk about spreads that don't correspond directly to the posi-count*unit bet. On the other hand, I have heard people say you should only spread to the count. What is the corrent strategy?

The Mayor

The game you describe is a 6.5|8 standard 8 deck game. It is very beatable.

As for your spread, yes, the count*unit formula is not optimal. If the game has LSR, his your max bet at a TC of +4, otherwise put your max bet out at +5. How you get to your max bet is up to you, the real money is made when your max bet is out. Decide your max bet first, and then ramp up to it from your min bet naturally (for cover).

For example, if your max bet is $100, then at +1 put out $10, at +2, $25, at +3 put out $50, at +4 your bet is $75, and at +5 or higher, you bet $100. If you are wonging, then the cover that provides allows a bet of $25 at +1 as well.

But, it is also very important to play 2 hands if possible. In this case spread from $10 to $75 on two hands, ramping naturally.

I know a man who made over 100K on the 8d boat games in 2001.

Good luck,

--Mayor