A debate between fellow counters

Koz1984

Hey all, I'm at a stalemate with a fellow counter of mine on the topic of card eating. I have suggested that earlier on in the shoe it's great to have as many ploppies as possible play to get the count up and then swoop where appropriate and hope that some people leave in order to get more rounds at a higher count, however, with fewer hands, by only playing 2 boxes max. He suggested that it would be more beneficial to utilise the count by spreading to as many boxes as possible, therefore generating +EV across more hands. I countered that argument by suggesting you would see less rounds at a +ve TC and merely get to the cut card quicker and lose the chance to play a larger number of +ve EV rounds. Thoughts?

blackriver

theres only so many cards left, playing more hands per round means many of those cards that would have been dealer hands are yours. I

if each hand used about 2.5 cards and theres 20 cards left you could play 4 rounds of a single hand (2.5*(1+1)*4=20) or if you play one round of 7 hands against the dealer (2.5(7+1)*1=20) and get to play 4 or 7 hands respectively.

Extra credit, it's ready to see how you could get 12 hands instead which would highlight why it's generally better to play extra hands

moo321

If you have the bankroll to spread, and a fast dealer with a good cut, heads-up is better.

But back-counting is better if you have a short bankroll (few counters don't). It's better camo, and has lower volatility. You can back-count with a few thousand dollars and crack minimum wage.