A good way to remember the running count if you're easily distracted

tensplitter

Get about 20 white chips. Bet the minimum, plus the number of white chips equal to the running (positive) count. Wong out of a negative count. If the RC is +7 and minimum bet is $5, bet a red chip and 7 whites. This may even correlate to the amount you should be betting near the start of the shoe.

65D

It does sound good, but.....wouldn't this be potentially a dead "give-away" to the "eye in the sky" heat?

Along those same lines, what about betting chips=Running count

ex:
6 deck shoe game
. During the first half of the shoe, bet red=RC
......during the end half of the shoe, bet green=RC
...........during the last DECK of the whole shoe, bet black=RC

this would have a "ROUGH" correlation to the actual advantage, and I emphasize rough, but it would be in 3 tier's, which are to somewhat miror the actual TC (as the denominator is reduced, the chips color goes up) etc TC

....Now im thinking (this might), also be a good cover play, as you will look like the erractic who always bets red,greeen,black...EVERY single shoe, in that order, always.

but the fault in this too, is that unless you are wonging in at TC 3 or so, you don't even need a RC, you can just bet heavy and get by.

I guess I am assuming here, that when looking to use the RC as also a guide to overall better play, that one is playing all hands (or close to it), as keeping the RC for long times would only be taxing when long stints.
How could one wong out EVERY neg count, yet wong back in next shoe over and over and over. That itself would be THE largest heat producer.

jmo

Not meaning to pick the idea apart. It's very VERY smart. Just trying to think of most ideal / flexible implimentation means

Preston

better yet just play with your chips and grab as many as the count is as you play with them so they click.. kind of annoying tho.. but if you're shifting 5 chips at the end of the hand, the count is +5 If the count is neg, put a chip to the side of the stack.

But then again, this is OBVIOUS once it's discovered. Better to be efficient and evasive.