A new aspect of advantage

Dopple

Could there be an undocumented advantage to counts in the lower range say TC4 - TC7 in that when splitting hands you have a better chance of getting a lower card to make a good double opportunity.

It is often a good move to split card against 456 and others but if the count is still not too high you have a better chance of getting a card to make your hand a double hand.

I doubt this would outweigh the advantage of more tens to bust the dealer but is it not in fact an undocumented advantage to medium range counts as opposed to the high counts say TC7 or greater?

rollem411

I haven't run any sims, but an educated guess I would say no. How can a negative count make for a good double opportunity? The probability of another low card coming out is greater than that of a X. I'd say you would be seeing a lot of stiff doubles and losing hands quite often.

StandardDeviant

Dopple said:
Could there be an undocumented advantage to counts in the lower range say TC4 - TC7 in that when splitting hands you have a better chance of getting a lower card to make a good double opportunity.
Sounds like you are looking for a situation where the probability of getting a low card is high (to make the 2-card double hand) immediately followed by the probability of getting a low card is low (to finish the double hand with a high card).

I don't think it's possible for the removal of one card (i.e., the second card that makes the 2-card double hand) can swing the probabilities that much - even with high penetration.

ycming

Hmm on a high count vs 6 and you have 66 to spilt, you could get 2 aces, then double double :)?

also even if you have 2 double hands in a low count, then the chanes of getting a low value card is still high.

also i doubt you will put a big bet on just for this situations to happen.

ming

moo321

Well, it depends:

If you're splitting 22 or 33, you want an uncounted card, 789, or maybe a counted 6. You also don't mind catching a counted ace.

If you're splitting 4's, you've still got the uncounted seven and the ace.

Also, remember that a high count doesn't mean no lows, just less of them. Furthermore, when you do catch the low card and double, you want the deck chock full of tens so you can get it painted and the dealer will bust.

Bust chance is an important consideration. There are counts where it's profitable to double hard 5 because the dealer is significantly more likely than not to bust.