A4 vs 4

Dopple

I was just looking at the indices I use today and wanted to see if the others correlate with mine on this double opportunity. I have soft doubling of the A4 vs the dealers 4 at 0 so as long as you have a non-negative TC you would hold to basic strategy and double. All in favor say aye.

I kind of use this central point on the index table as an anchor from which to memorize other indices.

Two point I find interesting, among others, on the UAPC SD index are the fact that at no point is it favorable at double A2 to A5 vs the dealers 2. They just dont go that high I suppose because if the remaining cards were all tens would it not be a dead ringer?

Studying the central area of the table I notice a severe shift for the A4 vs. 4 at 0 and the A5 vs 4 at -5 and another shift from +4 to -3 at A5 vs 3 and A6 vs 3 respectively. I don't know why these occur at these points but if one were to make a 3D graph on the indices, which I have done, they would be great for a skate board park layout.

I know, I need a hobby, but that is blackjack and I can't my tricks.

If you have anything to comment on please feel free.

I don't need to barred, I need to be behind bars. (drinking that is):joker:

Sucker

This link displays his risk-averse indices.

Dopple said:
Two point I find interesting, among others, on the UAPC SD index are the fact that at no point is it favorable at double A2 to A5 vs the dealers 2. They just dont go that high I suppose because if the remaining cards were all tens would it not be a dead ringer?
There actually ARE counts in which it is correct to make these doubles.The reason Uston didn't include them in his book was mostly for purposes of brevity; and IMO, also because he didn't know the answer HIMSELF.

NchooseK

Dopple said:
I was just looking at the indices I use today and wanted to see if the others correlate with mine on this double opportunity. I have soft doubling of the A4 vs the dealers 4 at 0 so as long as you have a non-negative TC you would hold to basic strategy and double. All in favor say aye.
Aye! Ive got the same hi-lo index at A4 v 4.

prankster

I use just a few indices,the ones that occur frequently. I concentrate on getting the $$$ out when the count is high and toking the dealer just enough that I almost never hear "CHECKS PLAY":joker: