Acceptable tipping

Gamblor

Well, arguably keeping dealers happy is something of a benefit to an AP (or keeping them relaxed, off-guard), I was thinking of something else as to why playing your tip is better than giving it directly to the dealer for an AP.

Blue Efficacy

azbjdealer said:
Oh absolutely. I have two good friends who are dealers and they absolutely LOVE when people play for them. I think as a dealer you inherently have to love the game, and so playing and the opportunity to double down and split right along with the player adds to the fun and excitement of winning for both parties.

When I win a lot, sometimes I'll even play the entire last hand for the dealer (my bet as well). If I bet $10 on the hand, and $2 for the dealer, that's a nice $24 they will make if I win, because I let them keep the whole hand. I'll simply push the chips forward and tell them "it's all you"! You should see the smiles you get (especially from some of the beautiful Asian lady dealers!!)!

And let me tell you, they will remember you. I have had several occasions where the dealer will light up and smile when they see me sit down.

Ain't winning great?
A red chip player tipping $1 shy of a quarter is asking to go broke.

Blue Efficacy said:
A red chip player tipping $1 shy of a quarter is asking to go broke.
Oh really? Well as I said, I would only do that on the last hand if I have won big. I've been doing it for ages and I'm definitely not asking to go broke. Kind of an ignorant statement actually.

Gamblor

Still haven't figured out whats the deal with a lot of these new members.

The all exhibit the same intentional stupidity. Its not even genuine stupidity. :confused:

Gamblor said:
Still haven't figured out whats the deal with a lot of these new members.

The all exhibit the same intentional stupidity. Its not even genuine stupidity. :confused:
I assume that's directed at me? Not sure where it is I exhibited any stupidity, but anyway.

As far as playing a big final hand for the dealer instead of tipping, what is th ebig deal? Ya know what? I'm no fool, and I take offense to being called stupid because I'm a "new" member. I may be new, but I'm a skilled and successful BJ player. Being new to a forum doesn't mean you are a green at the game.

I think anyone who assumes that and calls a new member stupid without getting to know them is the real idiot. But then, there are asses in almost every forum, and I think I've just found a couple here.

he is talking about every new members in general. I'have been reading this forum for half a year now and only register recently . However in last 4-6 weeks , tones of new members come sudenly post like 1-20 posts then they just vanish . wierd .

paymypush

azbjdealer said:
I assume that's directed at me? Not sure where it is I exhibited any stupidity, but anyway.

As far as playing a big final hand for the dealer instead of tipping, what is th ebig deal? Ya know what? I'm no fool, and I take offense to being called stupid because I'm a "new" member. I may be new, but I'm a skilled and successful BJ player. Being new to a forum doesn't mean you are a green at the game.

I think anyone who assumes that and calls a new member stupid without getting to know them is the real idiot. But then, there are asses in almost every forum, and I think I've just found a couple here.
Don't be so sensitive. You made some statements that don't seem to add up. You implied that you were a red chipper. You said you played a buck or two for the dealer every tenth hand or so. At 100 hands an hour that's $10-$20 per hour. Add to that the $24 "loss" on the last hand and I too wonder how you can turn a consistent profit.

These would be decent tips for someone betting purple but way too much for red chippers.